• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

New Author Seeking Tips on How To Sell More Copies

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
writergirl
Official Newbie!

New Author Seeking Tips on How To Sell More Copies

Unread post

I wrote a book, Blithe and Ashton: Episode 1. My goal is to continue and make it a series. I only published it two days ago, so I know there's still time to generate more interest, but I was looking for any ideas that might help push it in the right direction. I published it on amazon, the link is

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OWF8UIS

but I'm not sure how to get people interested enough to want to read the book. So far, all the sales have come from family, who know I just want to publish the book to help with college costs. But, even the family members who want to help and bought a copy, won't go back and comment even when I ask. Because of this the book doesn't have a rating or any comments yet.

The book is fantasy/ fairy tale and is LGBT. Any ideas?

Thank you.
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: New Author Seeking Tips on How To Sell More Copies

Unread post

Is it truly only 8 pages long? Many people sell 300 page novels for 99 cents.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.” - Douglas Adams
writergirl
Official Newbie!

Re: New Author Seeking Tips on How To Sell More Copies

Unread post

I tried to make it cheaper, amazon made it 2.99 and when I went to change it I couldn't.

Return to “Author's Lounge”