• In total there are 15 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

New Author Finding His Way

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Paul S
Official Newbie!

New Author Finding His Way

Unread post

Hello everyone! I should do a quick backstory here. I've had nearly one hundred finance-centric articles published over the last two years between Seeking Alpha and Yahoo. However, writing strictly about finance is completely different than writing. Writing about finance is all about stating the numbers, why the numbers look attractive or disgusting, then prognosticating what will happen in the future based off of those same numbers. That's it. No really, that's it. Like I said, writing about finance is completely different than writing.

With all of that being said, I had my first book published mid last year titled, "You're Wrong!". If you read my introductory post, you know how obsessed I am with finance, economics, and investing. With that in mind, I attempted to educate potential readers how to invest for themselves, and if they still didn't feel comfortable, who is an actual financial professional instead of a salesperson.

Recently, I have been working on an economic theory called, "The Growth Supply and Demand Model". It introduces the importance and correlation of innovation and growth on the Law of Supply and Demand. While the Law of Supply and Demand provides lagging indicators, the Growth Supply and Demand Model provides leading indicators.... Sorry about that. I had a major "geek moment" there.

Anyways, I just started a series of books titled, "A Better Business Today". The first installment titled, "A Better Business Today: Small Business Edition" focuses on teaching small business owners and managers how to use the Growth Supply and Demand Model, and why it's important for them to understand and implement the model. As most small business owners don't have an overwhelming amount of spare time, I kept the book short and concise.

I'm hoping to get some feedback on either of the two books: "You're Wrong!" or "A Better Business Today". My hope is to put out the next installment of the "A Better Business Today" series in mid March. Hopefully, the fellow authors and avid readers here would be willing to impart their opinions. I'll give you fair warning; I have a very odd sense of humor. As an avid Cubs fan, there really isn't much of a choice other than having an odd sense of humor...

The links to each of the books are as follows:

"You're Wrong!" - http://www.amazon.com/Youre-Wrong-Inves ... ul+Sigrist

"A Better Business Today: Small Business Edition" - http://www.amazon.com/Better-Business-T ... ul+Sigrist

Both of the writing styles used in each of the books are quite different, in my opinion at least. I'm curious which style all of you prefer. Please, please, please, give any feedback you like. Positive, negative, name-calling... Whatever feedback you deem appropriate. In my line of work I've been called everything under the sun, even received death threats. I know, that seems a bit extreme to me as well. Happy reading and again, please let me know your thoughts.

Paul Sigrist

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”