• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

My belief system could best be described as...

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bernt

Re: My belief system could best be described as...

Unread post

Well ... not sure what to write. I was very sure up to 1983 but after that experience I fai lto fidn words so usually i would ahve voted atheist but since 1983 i know I feel "religious" but don't support the "religious" tradition and it's claims what these feelings refer to. Richard Dawkins has a good text on this in the paper version of Free Inquiry so unfortuante I fail to find it on the web unless somebody quote from it sooner or later. Hope someone will. He take up "religious" scientists and their use of the words God, religious and spiritual. He explain why he see those words as more confusign than explaining and I totallu agree with him. Unfortunately the words has a social inertia in them. Take the rather new word Apatheist. Chris forgot to include it. Apatheist is rather close to another not soo well known word like Igtheist that was new to me too. Ignorant of the truth of the claims. Don't finding the claims to make sense. While Apatheist feel apathy to the whole thing. They don't even care to try to get it. Me I am very much opposit to these two words. I even think I understand it better than the Theists but I am not a Gnostic cause that is something else all together. I see myself more of a Reasonable person re these concepts. I try to act like this: To be a person who is :Capable of reasoning; rational: a reasonable person. Governed by or being in accordance with reason or sound thinking: a reasonable solution to the problem. Being within the bounds of common sense: arrive home at a reasonable hour. Not excessive or extreme; fairso I voted Other and I ask kindly that you include us who are The Reasonables. In all seriousness Bernt with exception for some error in grammar and spelling

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”