• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

My(abs7) introduction!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Abs7

My(abs7) introduction!

Unread post

Hello! I just found this site and thought I'd join you guys so I'll give myself an intro:I live in VA. I'm 19 and go to a community college, I hope to transfer to a uni and get a degree in psychology. I'm interested in art (Wow, sounds kind of dull but art is a pretty big subject, eh?). I have a talent for drawing though I don't like to paint because its too expensive. I have recently started to dab into photography because I found a nice canon SLR with 2 lenses in the basement, I enjoy it a lot. Reading for enjoyment is something I've recently discovered and I would like to improve my reading skills. Also my critical thought skills are below par so any critiques about my opinions would be greatly appreciated (I'm used to critiques because of my visual arts--don't hold back).** Oh yeah. I consider myself to be an atheist but I am open to any belief. I like to debate about religion but I dont like to debate if such religions exist or not. For me, everyone has faith. People like us put it in ourselves and reason. We need to control ourselves, to be "free" (a word I've heard many times on while glancing over the forum). Some people need rules and strict guidelines for living and many religions offer that guidance. Atheism is a religion just like any other religion so I believe we need to have a tolerance for others. I will defend my belief if its attacked and i will defend anyone else's if it is wrongly attacked too. Wew, I haven't thought about that in a while. Sorry if its just a bunch of rambling. Anyway, I'll start reading the next non-fiction book when its annouced. I'm looking forward to it. ** Edited by: Abs7 at: 6/23/06 10:57 pm
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: My(abs7) introduction!

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk!What's with the name "Abs7?" There is probably a story behind that name. While most atheists will argue with your decision to consider atheism as a religion I'll just keep my mouth shut till you mention that out on the forums. By the way...VA is the most beautiful state in which I've ever travelled. My father and I drove from Ohio to Florida many times together and we always stop in VA. Gorgeous state especially when the leaves are changing colors and falling.Nice to have you with us. Shall we call you Abs 7 or something else?
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Re: My(abs7) introduction!

Unread post

Welcome! I hope that you enjoy BookTalk. I suggest that you visit our Religion&Philosophy forum to get an idea of what members think about atheism and religion. I think you'd enjoy that forum as there is much debate going on there. I am not one who often enters into these debates, but I do enjoy reading the posts.

Return to “Everything Else”