• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Mr. Pessimistic - Watch your head upon entering.

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
tomiichi

Re: Mr. Pessimistic - Watch your head upon entering.

Unread post

Fun is what it's all about and should always be about! &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Thanks! She is cute...I mean look who her dad is... Her hair is naturally blond, but she dyed it balck and it is growwing out...so it is a two tone. She had to dye it brown again for the play, since they kinda thought Scout did not have a two tone hairdo.She is very intense. I am always surprised by the intensity of her acting. Every adult in the show has said the same thing to me.Again...I am very proud of her.Mr. P. I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? 3 out of 4 people believe in Angels. Are you F****** STUPID? Has everybody lost their mind? - George CarlinI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Here is the review from my daughters play. I think it is safe to say she was very well received!Mockingbird ReviewQuote:Effective casting of the children's roles then, is crucial. In the Villagers' production, Casey Chartier is just about perfect as Scout. Reminiscent both physically and emotionally of Mary Badham, who played the role in the film, Chartier is open and unselfconscious, feisty and inquisitive. Mr. P. I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? 3 out of 4 people believe in Angels. Are you F****** STUPID? Has everybody lost their mind? - George CarlinI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy PiperEdited by: misterpessimistic  at: 3/23/07 9:57 am
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Ouch, tough review. In fact, I think your daughter was the only one who got a rave. Congrats to her!! That's quite an accomplishment. I particularly liked the description: "open and unselfconscious, feisty and inquisitive." Assuming much of the performance is reminiscent of your daughter's own personality
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Yes. She was the only one who got no negatives...although Calpurnia and Tom Robinson got a good nod.We are trying not to focus on the bad...she was actually upset about the negative comments. These people have become good friends so she takes it personal.I like that.I also thought that the reviewer made an error with comparing the film and the play. That is like apples and oranges I think. But I do agree with the criticism of having the elder "Scout" overly mannered and proper...and the ghostly movements are distracting as well. Too "artsy" for such an earthy story. It was like Cirque de Soliel at a square dance.I did not notice the "Hey Boo!" now that you mention it. She does walk him to his house at the end, which is touching.Mr. P. I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? 3 out of 4 people believe in Angels. Are you F****** STUPID? Has everybody lost their mind? - George CarlinI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy PiperEdited by: misterpessimistic  at: 3/23/07 1:04 pm
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Hey, Mr. PHappy Fathers Day! Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Why thank you Frank!!! And a Happy Fathers Day to all which that sentiment applies!Mr. P. But atheism is no more a religion than not playing chess is a hobby. - Robert Sawyer - Sci Fi AuthorI'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)"The Sentient may percieve and love the universe, but the universe cannot percieve and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored...It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might decieve themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars." - Michael Moorcock in the "Queen of the Swords"
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Video from CBGB of my band

Unread post

I recvd this in the mail from a guy who was supposed to send it to me last year...oh well, at least I got it.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?u ... mistic&p=r

These are low quality clips of the whole set. I am the one one the left. Hope you all enjoy...and I know that my music is not necessarily the choice of many...so dont feel bad if you do not get into it.

Mr. P. But atheism is no more a religion than not playing chess is a hobby. - Robert Sawyer - Sci Fi AuthorI'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)"The Sentient may percieve and love the universe, but the universe cannot percieve and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored...It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might decieve themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars." - Michael Moorcock in the "Queen of the Swords"
Last edited by Mr. P on Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Just a side note about me and my future participation.I have found it necessary to once again obtain a second job. I am now a saute chef in an Italian restaurant. I have been working this past week ever night and it looks like I will be working at least 4-5 nights a week...that means I work now from 9:00am-10:00pm. I am not very happy about that, but I do need some extra cash so, I will grin and bear it.But that also means that I have not even LOOKED at my books in about 4 days...and I feel that will unfortunately continue to be the case. So my participation will most likely diminish for the forseeable future...or at least until I can establish new patterns for reading.Bummer...I was looking forward to this discussion and was getting a list of sources together for it.Ah well...Mr. P. But atheism is no more a religion than not playing chess is a hobby. - Robert Sawyer - Sci Fi AuthorI'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)"The Sentient may percieve and love the universe, but the universe cannot percieve and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored...It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might decieve themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars." - Michael Moorcock in the "Queen of the Swords"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Damn, that is rough. Good luck with those long hours and hopefully you can get ahead financially so that you can go back down to a more sane level.

Return to “Everything Else”