• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Moby Dick Chapter 4 The Counterpane

#106: Mar. - May 2012 (Fiction)
WildCityWoman
Genius

Re: Moby Dick Chapter 4 The Counterpane

Unread post

Well, I dunno' ... would you buy a shrunken head? Especially if you knew for a fact that it was real? I doubt I would, unless it was for a specific reason - like doing some kind of 'show and tell' for a school course or presentation.

Come to think of it, I don't think I'd accept one if it was given free of charge.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Re: Moby Dick Chapter 4 The Counterpane

Unread post

WWW wrote:

Well, I dunno' ... would you buy a shrunken head? Especially if you knew for a fact that it was real? I doubt I would, unless it was for a specific reason - like doing some kind of 'show and tell' for a school course or presentation.

Come to think of it, I don't think I'd accept one if it was given free of charge.
No, I don't think for one minute that I would accept a shrunken head, even of Hitler, or the Moors Murderers.

However, I did, until recently, have a Vicorian stuffed Kingfisher, under a glass dome....on my sideboard. At first, I thought, well, it died a long time ago.....it looks in keeping with the rest of the Victorian house.....but eventually, I gave it to my boss at work to sell in his antiques outlet......'cos it just wasn't right. This also happened with with some ivory carvings....I was just seduced by their beauty when they were offered to me for sale....then I couldn't believe I did that. I meant to sell them and pass on the profit to the RSPCA, or donkey sanctuary or something....but eventually, I gave them away...free gratis and for nothing.

It was very, very good for my Karma. :D
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini

Return to “Moby Dick; or, the Whale - by Herman Melville”