Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Lost is awesome. 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

Post Lost is awesome.
I resisted watching it for four years, somehow knowing i would get pulled into it's intractible grip.

Then not long ago i broke down and rented the first season, all the while my wife saying it was going to be stupid. Then we sat and blazed through all 4 seasons strait, laughing maliciously at all those who watched it live and suffered through numerous cliff-hangers.

Next disc! Answers for me, waiting and suspense for you!

Really though, this has proven to be a great series. I am encouraged, having watched this. I hear JJ Abrams will be working to bring Stephen King's Dark tower series to screen in some fashion next. If he applies the skills he practices in Lost, i will have nothing to complain about.

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:38 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Moderator
Gold Contributor

Dark Tower! I can't wait. Erin and I also rented the discs starting on season 1 episode 1. If you want another series, try 24.

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:48 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Getting Comfortable

Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:28 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Highscores: 6

I'm currently watching Season 1 of Lost and enjoying it quite a bit. For years I heard about this series and assumed it was some sort of crazy soap opera or that I just wouldn't enjoy it. But I was so wrong.

Last night I finished the 14th episode of Season 1 and am excited to keep moving through them all. For everyone reading this that is interested in watching Lost you should know that this series is 100% free online.

Watch Lost for free online

Click that link and then click the "Watch Free Episodes" in the upper right corner. Then select Season 1, scroll to the bottom to get to the 1st episode, and start watching. I guarantee after the 1st episode you'll be hooked. At least I was.

One of these days I am going to get an Apple TV so that my wife and I can watch YouTube videos and hopefully shows like Lost together on our downstairs television.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:03 pm
Profile Email WWW
Creative Writing Student

I am painfully addicted to Lost. When the first series was out on TV I would come home on a Wednesday night, grab my tea, run up to my room and refuse to speak to anyone until the episode was over. (I should probably point out that this is the only TV programme I do this with - I'm not a recluse!)

I can't wait till I can get my hands on series 5!

Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:39 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Devourer of Words

Silver Contributor

After intentionally ignoring the show for years my daughter got me watching. I must confess, I like it! I am now actually looking forward to the new season; it starts in January 2010.

Hey, Gem -- I grab a cup of tea too and I'm in the USA!

to the sharp pit
so long concealed
--May Swenson

Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:29 am
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Platinum Contributor

The central mystery of "Lost": How did Hurley manage to remain burly for all those months of hardship on the Island? :?

The following user would like to thank DWill for this post:
Chris OConnor
Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:32 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Another season I'm excited about starting is "The Legend of the Seeker." :clap:

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:42 am
Profile Email WWW
Tenured Professor

BookTalk.org Moderator

Post Lost is awesome.
They are always finding cache's of food on the island. That's how Hurley stays burley.

First the hatch was full of food, then the air-lift parcels, then the time travel to a well stocked kitchen for the Dharma initiative.

Lost is good.

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:44 pm
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

Post Re: Lost is awesome.
I'm still ignoring Lost. Should I reconsider?

Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:04 pm

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Geo, you really should just give it a shot. I think you'll absolutely love this series. I watched all 5 seasons in a matter of maybe 30 days. Like johnson1010 said it is so much more enjoyable to watch Lost (and everything else for that matter) without commercial interruptions and week-long waits. I genuinely feel like I am friends with the Lost crew. In a weird way I have always wanted to be stranded on a deserted island and this series allows me to go into my own little fantasy world. 8)

The new season is coming in January I believe. I am tempted to watch the entire first 5 seasons again in preparation. :hmm:

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:11 am
Profile Email WWW

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

Thanks Chris. I think we will watch it. It sounds like we should just have all five seasons on hand so that we can fly through it. Checking half.com . . .

Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:41 pm

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

I watched them all online at ABC.com.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:17 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Likes the book better than the movie

Gold Contributor

Just wanted you to know that LOST has been on for quite a while in Germany (dubbed exceedingly well.....Germans are masters at that) and the Legend of the Seeker just started 3 weeks ago. I'm hooked.

Religion is the only force in the world that lets a person have his prejudice or hatred and feel good about it --S C Hitchcock

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. --André Gide

Reading is a majority skill but a minority art. --Julian Barnes

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:18 am

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

The missus and I watched episode 1 last night on abc.com. I was enthralled, but she has reservations about it. Either way, neither of us are very enthused about watching TV on my computer. I'll spring for the season on DVD on half.com and sell it when I'm done.

I liked the way the show unfolds. It seems this island is a bit like the Island of Dr. Moreau. Very interesting . . .

Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page 1, 2  Next