• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Life Code of Chimps Laid Bare

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Life Code of Chimps Laid Bare

Unread post

Life Code of Chimps Laid BareQuote:The genetic code of our closest living relative, the chimpanzee, has been sequenced and analysed by an international team of researchers. The scientists say the information is a milestone in the quest to discover what sets us apart from other animals. A comparison shows chimps and humans to be almost 99% identical in the most important areas of their "life codes". The team tells Nature magazine that future research will tease out the significance of the few differences. Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Re: Life Code of Chimps Laid Bare

Unread post

The following is a quote from that article(Life Code of Chimps Laid Bare). "The researchers hope that by elaborating those few points of separation, they will also increase pressure to save chimpanzees and other great apes in the wild."I hope so, too! I also hope that the pressure will come on quickly, before it's too late.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

What ever happened to the Great Ape project?Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I just looked and it is still ongoing, but they anoyed me by not taking my advice last year. Don't you think they ought to provide graphic links for sites like BookTalk to link to them?Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Woops. Looks like they do have a link now. Check it out on the page. I'll add that to our links page as soon as I start editing it.Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I added the link to our Home page.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

You can also subscribe to GAP News on this page www.greatapeproject.org/news.html. The emails through this subscription are usually more informative than the news page on the site. For those of you who don't know what GAP(Great Ape Project)is, consider checking out their site.

Return to “Science & Technology”