• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Let's talk about the Bible (KJV 1611)!!!

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Haha

Unread post

NathanielQuote:Are you over your childish temper-tantrum?Expressing astonishment that you believe your God to be evil, yet you still worship him...this is childish? ...a temper tantrum? LOLNow that we all understand what type of Christian you are, perhaps you can get back to the subject matter and answer my questions...Question 1: Why does God wish to trick us so horribly? Question 2: Why did God destroy all the people of the Earth with the great flood when he KNEW that those people were not responsible for their actions? Question 3: Do you actually worship this God you are describing? Why?Question 4: Do you "LOL" when you think of [Stalins & Hitlers] crimes against humanity? Why or why not?Question 5: God is justified in killing innocent people simply because the world needs more elbow-room?Question 6: Would you worship Stalin? ...Hitler? Charles Manson? All of these examples are lesser criminals than your God.Please answer each question. Much thanks.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Caroniew

Uhhhh...I beg to disagree with everyone

Unread post

I will admit I am a Christian. And I believe in this so called Quote:Totalitarian Faith, requiring absolute submission to a tyrannical force of maddening arbitrariness and total control.I disagree over the 'free-will' thing, and if anyone has any questions, I will try to answer within my capacity. Here is an article from my Bible(Student's Life Application Bible, New Living Translation if anyone is wondering) on predestination.Who's In Charge? "I do not believe in predestination. In fact, if I ever became convinced that God predestines some people to go to heaven and some to hell, I'd quit serving him."-Actual comment from a teenage male. Have you ever felt the way that young man did? The idea that God decides our eternal destiny goes against our American(t/n: this is published in English...if you aren't from the U.S. bear with me) notions of fairness and individual choice. And yet, we draw strength and comfort from the belief that God is running the universe. (That's what sovereignity means.) Which is right? Is God truly sovereign-is he calling the shots- or are people free and ultimately responsible for making their own decisions, even those that have eternal consequences? This question has perplexed people for thousands of years. It raises itself here, in the account of Pharaoh in Ezekiel 32. It raised itself about another Pharaoh, too, in the Exodus account of the pharaoh who held the Israelites captive. Did God know even before he put Pharaoh in charge that he would sin? Did God allow it-or cause it? Or did God simply roll the dice, placing this man in authority without knowing whether or not he would obey his command to let his people go? If so, does that mean that since Creation, God has been a spectator in human events, allowing us total freedom and responsibility? Either conclusion leads to some awesome implications. If God is truly and completely sovereign, then I have no real freedom, and I'm just a puppet. But if I'm truly free to do whatever I want, then God isn't really in control of the universe. HELP! The greatest minds of history have wrestled with this issue, and quite frakly, it remains as impenetrable today as ever. So if you were hoping this article would resolve this it, you're going to be disappointed. But it is possible to consider it from a slightly different angle. Contemporary theologian J.I. Packer, one of the greatest minds of our time, was once asked, "If God is truly sovereign, in what sense is man responsible? And if man is truly responsible, in what sense is God sovereign?" Packer replied, "I think that it is a 'MYSTERY,' and that there's not much getting behind that...The really surprising thing would be if we really could understand God. Then he wouldn't be any bigger than we are." Sovereignty, responsibility, predestination, free will...and mystery. The Bible teaches them all. The modern American mind balks at accepting two truths that seem to be contradictory. But when you think about it, it makes sense that God is bigger than our minds-big enough to encompass what seems to uss to be paradoxical. One thinker said that he thought of the twin truths of predestination and free will as parallel lines- he didn't know how to bring them together, but no one could make them cross either. If someone asks you wheter you believe in God's sovereignty or human freedom, the best answer is yes.If there are any errors, in spelling or typing, please forgive me. I had to type the entire thing, and my hands hurt. Let me repeat myself, I will try to answer any and all questions if possible...but please don't get technical. It's the stupid arguments(and may I say, I think this one is one of those) that are just excuses. And thank you, everyone, for your interest. At least you posted SOMETHING even if it was negative. Therefore you are definitely showing interest and there is no way around that.*Caroniew*
Hestiasmissives

Message To Reverend Robbins

Unread post

Hello Reverend Robbins,The following would be a quote from you?"I tell you, it brings peace over the soul to witness a tiny child of 8 able to field strip an RGAH-14 heavy assualt rifle on the fly, while bogged down by mortar fire.' "These poor children are unfortunately growing up in a world of constant secularization and demonization and need to be equipped with the skills and know-how in order to protect their True Christian familes and practice their religion in peace. When True Christians are now the most persecuted people in America, we know End Times are nigh, but it never hurts to take precautions... for the childrens' sake" (The misspellings and grammar errors are yours.)pub49.ezboard.com/ftruech...D=65.topicI was wondering how supporting the current President related to Christianity, but now I see the correlation between your diatribe and his agenda. It must hurt a lot to be so hateful. Perhaps it is a result of some mental aberration. Below is a website to Michigan's mental health referral system. I hope you will use it. I have known many true Christians. They do not write in such a venomous manner. Theirs is a message of peace and good will.www.mentalhealth.org/data...e=MichiganWarmly,Laura
Caroniew

And as for that...

Unread post

Nathaniel, please explain your beliefs in a single paragraph that contains 5-10 sentences. And make them grammatically correct. I would like to see exactly what you believe, because I'm certain that, regardless of my age, I disagree with a large chunk of them. It seems that you nurse hatred for non-Christians. Maybe not, but thats how you come across...if thats not the case, I know what it's like to be misunderstood. But just a word of advice: Jesus hated the sin, NOT the sinner.*Caroniew*
Hestiasmissives

Message to Reverend Robbins

Unread post

Hello Reverend Robbins,The following would be a quote from you?"I tell you, it brings peace over the soul to witness a tiny child of 8 able to field strip an RGAH-14 heavy assualt rifle on the fly, while bogged down by mortar fire.' "These poor children are unfortunately growing up in a world of constant secularization and demonization and need to be equipped with the skills and know-how in order to protect their True Christian familes and practice their religion in peace. When True Christians are now the most persecuted people in America, we know End Times are nigh, but it never hurts to take precautions... for the childrens' sake" (The misspellings and grammar errors are yours.)pub49.ezboard.com/ftruech...D=65.topicI was wondering how supporting the current President related to any kind of Christian purpose, but now I see the correlation between his warmongering and your agenda. It must hurt a lot to be so hateful. Perhaps it is a result of some mental aberration. Below is a website to Michigan's mental health referral system. I hope you will use it. I have known many true Christians. They do not write in such a venomous manner. Theirs is a message of peace and good will.www.mentalhealth.org/data...e=MichiganWarmly,Laura
NathanielPRobbins

Re: Message to Reverend Robbins

Unread post

I believe in Jesus and the Bible!For a more comprehensive list of our beliefs, you can look here:pub49.ezboard.com/ftruech...D=36.topicThe reason I might seem a little negative is because of false christians above who preach a FALSE Bible and a FALSE God. Someon needs to spread the FULL truth and not just the feel-good parts of Scripture."Jesus loves the sinner but hates the sin" --- WRONG!Of course Jesus hates the sin, but have you taken a look at Psalms 5:5 recently?Psalms 5:5 "The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity." Can you really say "God loves everyone" when God says "I hated Esau?" (Romans 8:13) Does God love the people in hell? Tell me, do you sit in your room and TORTURE, unmercilessly for endless hours the people and pets you love? Because that is what you are telling me the Lord does.Finally, I see no problem with folks taking it upon themselves to protect their loved ones. Anyone who thinks otherwise should check THEMSELVES into a mental hospital!Amen!Nathaniel P. Robbinspub49.ezboard.com/btruechristiansunite
Caroniew

Re: Message to Reverend Robbins

Unread post

Yes, God loves everybody. And if you are calling me a false Christian...we shall see on the Judgement Day. And tell me also, do you believe that some parts of the Bible aren't true?Oh, and I tried getting into that link, but it wouldn't let me. There's very weak defense when you can't even read what someone believes.*Caroniew* "Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality"- Jules de GaultierEdited by: Caroniew  at: 2/14/04 11:57 am
Hestiasmissives

The Psalms

Unread post

You quote the Psalms as what Jesus said. Do you deny that the Psalms are a collection of poetry written between 1100 BC and 300 BC which are neither doctrine nor creed? Do you deny that none of the Psalms were written by Jesus?I am always ready and eager to listen to a biblical scholar. However, you do not appear to be one.I have always admired ministers who did not preach to the choir but took their ministry to the streets. But with all your vitriolic ranting, do you seriously believe that you are converting anyone to the love of Christ?
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Massive Poster
United States of America

Vindictiveness

Unread post

Wow, these True Christians are really REALLY into vindictiveness! Check out the signature file one of them uses.Quote:2 Kings 2:23-24And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head. And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.Cool! Some kids make fun of you and you can get God to send a couple of bears to tear them to pieces! I'm jealous of that power.
bijnke

Re: Vindictiveness

Unread post

I've had occasion to mention this before.There was once a giant Pommegranet,hereinafter known as the Great Pom.One day it exploded and the seads populated the Earth. Anyone who denies this will burnfor eternity. Grand Priest to the Great Pom !

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”