• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Kooks and Quacks of the Roman Empire

#13: Mar. - April 2004 (Non-Fiction)
Kostya

Kooks and Quacks of the Roman Empire

Unread post

I guess this might be somewhat off topic, but I came across this essay by Richard Carrier and I could not resist posting the link to it here for your reading pleasure.This essay talks about state of "gullibility" of people in Roman Empire around the period when Christian gospels were written:Kooks and Quacks of the Roman Empire: a look into the world of the gospels
Katala Au

Re: Kooks and Quacks of the Roman Empire

Unread post

Kostya, It may just be really early in the morning for me, but I don't see any link in your post? Nicole
bijnke

Unread post

Saw a book in the library, today.Richard Carrier's uncollected works!Some Oxy MORON.
Kostya

Unread post

Nicole,It must be very early because the link is there. You just need to click on the last line in my first message. Just in case of some technical issues though, here is the link:www.infidels.org/library/...kooks.htmlKostya
ecstian

Unread post

Kostya,Thanks for the article. I will take a look at it.Eric
Kostya

Unread post

Eric,You are welcome.Nicole,Actually, I do think that because links look the same as any other text they are hard to find a lot of times. Chris,Can you make a change in your stylesheet files to make links stand out a little more?Thank you.

Return to “How We Believe: Science, Skepticism, and the Search for God - by Michael Shermer”