• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Izzy! Izzy!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Izdaari

Izzy! Izzy!

Unread post

Hi! I'm Izdaari (pronounced Iz-DAHR-ee), and you can call me Izzy, or Iz if you like. I'm not really sure what I'm doing here but I do love books and reading, so now that I'm here maybe I'll like it and stay. See, I decided, just for the heck of it, to see if my name was anywhere on Google, and it was, lots of places, mostly boards I've posted on over the years. Everlore, America's Debate, and stuff like that. And this place, one I'd never heard of before. But somebody has heard of me, and seemed to think I belonged here, so ok, maybe they're right.No, Izdaari's not my real name but sorry, it's all you get. I don't believe in using real names online, maybe just paranoia but I feel safer that way. It's actually the name of my first EverQuest character, pseudo-Swahili from a random name generator, doesn't mean anything but it sounds nice. That's the name I use pretty much everywhere online. I'm a bi female, 50 years old, single and likely to stay that way. I'm not lonely, just commitment-phobic. I'm a science-fiction, fantasy and mystery fan, roleplayer and all around gamer. Also burned out former political activist, hawkish libertarian (a la Robert Heinlein) and individualist feminist. And I'm a Christian, an eclectic one with some Zen and Taoist influences, theologically pretty middle of the road otherwise but socially more liberal.These days I'm playing a lot of World of Warcraft, modding a couple message boards, and building PCs for people, and some other freelance PC consulting type stuff. Strictly low end stuff, my skills are PC tech only, but I am good at that.Currently reading Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson. I'm not quite sure what to make of it, about a third of the way through, but it's enjoyable so far.Besides F/SF and mysteries, I also like reading history, biographies, current events, political philosophy and economics. I like some mainstream literature, but I'm into good storytelling of whatever genre, not literature as such.Nice to meet you all! P.S.: Hmm, there sure are a lot of people here I know from other places, though under new names. Cool! Edited by: Izdaari  at: 5/6/05 2:25 am
Unknown

Unknown

Unread post

(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Return to “Everything Else”