• In total there are 15 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Israel or Palestine, Who's Right?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: Israel or Palestine, Who's Right?

Unread post

I didn’t intend for this discussion to get into any kind of religious philosophical dialog of ones beliefs. However, I do realize that Israel is surrounded by Muslim countries and you can’t count out religion. But again, as the author of the novel, “The True Virus”, I tried to stay neutral. Here is another quote from my book. In this scene, two Israeli officers are chatting about Gaza just before they get their orders to invade.

“Moshe, why has Israel allowed Gaza to even exist? My dad fought in the 1967 Six Day War, and we took over this land.”
“I know Aaron. But our leaders gave in and signed the Oslo Accords. That agreement called for the Palestinian administration of the Gaza Strip.”
“But the damn Palestinians are fighting amongst themselves and now Hamas has control of Gaza. Now were going to fight the Al-Qassam Brigades. We need to annihilate these bastards and take Gaza back for Israel.”
Moshe looked around at the massive force of both tanks and troops and realized how easy it would be to destroy and get rid of Hamas in Gaza. But he also realized the political ramifications of such action. “Our job is to prevent the Al-Qassam Brigades from firing rockets at Israel. Let the politicians decide who will control the Gaza Strip.”
“But Moshe, that’s been the whole problem. All they’ll do is have another cease fire. As long as we allow these Palestinian terrorist groups to exist, we’ll have one war after another. We’ve got the capability here and now for taking over and destroy Gaza.”
“What about the innocent civilians? And, what good will it do to destroy all the buildings in Gaza. We are only here to stop the Hamas terrorists from being a threat to Israel.”

Again, let me ask; “Will there ever be peace between Israel and Palestine?”
sonoman
All Star Member

Unread post

I would apologize for commandeering this thread to interject my own Israeli-Palestine agenda but I'm a dedicated peace activist and not above using any venue to promote peace in the Holy Land--which will only come about when Westerners realize what a horrible and huge Crime Against Humanity was committed when Western powers with America at the head of Zionist collusion created the moral monstrosity that is Israel, a European Jewish colony stuck in the heart of the Muslim Middle East and done so for blatantly political reasons of Western control of Middle East countries. Westerners have yet to understand that to Palestinians there's no difference between what Israelis have done to them and what Hitler's Nazis did in invading and occupying European nations. The Palestinian resisters see themselves in the same light that French Resistance fighters saw themselves and that attitude is the prevailing one which only gets mitigated when jobs are at stake that support families. Until Westerners realize that there is no right of Israelis in Palestine, never was one, that Palestine is not a political chip on Western powers game boards, there will be no peace. Your book seems like it will only contribute more to trying to justify European colonial occupation of Palestine by legitimizing Israeli conversations about their fascist takeover and occupation methods. You are not addressing fundamental moral issues because if you did, you could not support any Israeli nationalism at the expense of the indigenous population. The Germans who invaded Poland had no right to be there even when they made claims that Poland was once part of the German empire. And those were Europeans. When Europeans make claims to Middle East lands based on fictitious myths of origin that never happened, well, we get the mess of Israel don't we?

Time to expose the true source of conflict in the Holy Land. Jewish hubris and Western powers greed for control of Middle East oil reserves.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

sonoman wrote:when Westerners realize what a horrible and huge Crime Against Humanity was committed when Western powers with America at the head of Zionist collusion created the moral monstrosity that is Israel, a European Jewish colony stuck in the heart of the Muslim Middle East and done so for blatantly political reasons of Western control of Middle East countries.
Amen sonoman, amen

i agree. :)
sonoman wrote:When Europeans make claims to Middle East lands based on fictitious myths of origin that never happened, well, we get the mess of Israel don't we?
well said.
bionov

Unread post

Let me say again, that as I did my research on the Israeli/Palestine conflict for my novel (The True Virus), I found it hard to take sides. So I just concentrated on the facts and let my characters give their points of view on what’s happening in their lives with regards to the struggles they faced.
Here’s a good article I found helpful. http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_is_right_ ... _Palestine
TheManOfThought
Official Newbie!

Unread post

When you research the truth of what has gone on over there over the many centuries, there is no doubt that Israel deserves her land. There was no palestinian people, they made a people to try to claim the region from Israel. They are actually mostly turkish. And those who said that about WII haven't researched it. Israel was promised a land agreement by britian. Churchill went back on the agreement and gave most of the land promised to the Jews to the muslims. The Jews have had to fight for everything they have. Gaza is part of the original land that they were given, both by God, and by britian, its also part of what they won back in the six day war. People need to back up off Israel and see who the true terror is. Who is attacking all nations and not just them.
TheManOfThought
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I recommend some reading if you are interested. William P. Grady's book. How satan turned America against God. It talks about alot of this and it also has the evidence to back it up.
bionov

Unread post

Was this recent air strike on Syria by Israel an offensive or defensive move? It appears form intelligence that Iran was shipping weapons to Hezbollah militia via Syria. Also, reports that the Assad’s government has chemical weapons and has used these against its own people has the world upset.
Let me quote an Israel official. “Israel is determined to prevent the transfer of chemical weapons or other game-changing weaponry by the Syrian regime to terrorists, especially to Hezbollah in Lebanon.” By terrorits, could this also include Hamas in Palestine?
Since Israel doesn’t usually make the first move and only strikes back when it’s been attacked, what do you think of these recent air strikes against Syria?
adogsreligion
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I found the book Elias Chacours' "Blood Brothers" to be really helpful in understanding the Palestinian point of view as well as the pre-WWII Jewish community living there. It was shocking to see how many Palestinians had their property stolen from them overnight.

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Brothers-El ... B0055X6N12
etudiant
Masters

Unread post

bionov wrote:Since Israel doesn’t usually make the first move and only strikes back when it’s been attacked, what do you think of these recent air strikes against Syria?
Mr Bionov- This is humour, is it not? Have you actually done some research for your project?
"I suspect that the universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose"
— JBS Haldane
bionov

Unread post

I’m not saying that Israel has to be directly attacked before it strikes another Arab country. It appears that Israel will assault another country if it believes that terrorists are involved in supplying weapons of any kind to prepare for an attack against Israel. My research has indicated that Israel is always protecting its security by any means necessary. I will agree that Israel is very violent in its response to any perceived threat.
Please look at the rest of my post about the Israeli air strike on Syria.
[ Was this recent air strike on Syria by Israel an offensive or defensive move? It appears form intelligence that Iran was shipping weapons to Hezbollah militia via Syria. Also, reports that the Assad’s government has chemical weapons and has used these against its own people has the world upset.
Let me quote an Israel official. “Israel is determined to prevent the transfer of chemical weapons or other game-changing weaponry by the Syrian regime to terrorists, especially to Hezbollah in Lebanon.” By terrorists, could this also include Hamas in Palestine?
]

Return to “Current Events & History”