• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Intro: Doc Tiessen

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Doc Tiessen

Intro: Doc Tiessen

Unread post

I am still very new in this chat community... and I like it. It is great.There is something that puzzels me... when somebody post something, the name appears and also the number of total postings... this is ok... but there is something else... a kind of title which changes with time or the number of posts...Can somebody tell me what is the order of this titles...at the moment it seems that I am totally clueless... :-) Diversity is Good!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Intro: Doc Tiessen

Unread post

Welcome Doc!The titles change as you post more and more. In the beginning the titles are rather humorous and not so flattering, but as your post count increases they become more distinguished. Chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandella
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

NickYour title stopped because you are now a moderator and your post count doesn't change your title. That is how the system is set up and I don't see a way around it. If you'd like I can occaisonally call you a name or two. I've got a few in mind. Look below for what your current title would be if you weren't a moderator...Nick, I just checked and the system allows me to assign a custom title to anyone. I've changed yours to "God," if thats ok. haha Ok, not really, but I did change it to "Enlightened One," as it would be had it changed along with your post count.DocHere is how the titles work...Brand Spankin' New 1 - 4 total postsOfficial Newbie 5 - 9Kinda New Still 10 - 19Totally Clueless 20 - 29Hooked on Phonics 30 - 39Lost in Space 40 - 49Contemplative 50 - 59Intern 60 - 69Freshman 70 - 79Sophomore 80 - 89Junior 90 - 99Senior 100 - 124Graduate 125 - 149Masters 150 - 199Ph.D. 200 - 249Smarty Pants 250 - 299Intellectual 300 - 349Amusingly Clever 350 - 399Witty & Wise 400 - 449Wisdom Personified 450 - 499Enlightened One 500+Chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson MandellaEdited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/8/04 1:17 pm
Doc Tiessen

Titles

Unread post

Thanks Chris,I see that there is some kind of a ladder... from Newbie to Enlightened?Or what is the highest status?How can I see which is the order of all the titles? Could you quote the full list?I guess this is something of phychological to motivate to post more and more... Diversity is Good!
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

My "tag" stopped at PhD! I have seen others with less posts with more flattering 'tags'. Why is that Chris?It happened about the same time I was made a moderator. Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. P
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Thanks Chris!!!!God would have been fine! AND...if you want to start a name calling match, I suggest posting it as a separate topic! It could be fun!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. P
Doc Tiessen

poll

Unread post

Thanks Chris...I am looking forward to climing the stairs towards Enlightment...Do you know how many guys and girls are in the forum? Unfortunately, the nicknames not always reveal it... but I have the impression there are very few women... am I wrong? Diversity is Good!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: poll

Unread post

There is no actual statistic available for guys vs girls, but we hve plenty of female members. Maybe we need a poll for this? Feel free to create one over in the Roundtable forum. Chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson MandellaEdited by: Chris OConnor  at: 10/12/04 4:34 pm
amd2003

Unread post

Hey,How come, after 47 posts, I am still stuck on "Totally Clueless"?amd
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

amdI have no idea. I see that you have made hundreds of posts on other boards, so perhaps the 47 were not all posted on BookTalk.chris "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." - Nelson Mandella

Return to “Everything Else”