• In total there are 17 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 17 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

I'm new

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
booper54

I'm new

Unread post

I've been viewing this site for about a week, so I thought I'd join in now I'm currently reading Billions and Billions by Carl Sagan.
booper54

Re: I'm new

Unread post

I wish these forums were a bit more lively!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

booper54Welcome to the community! So how did you hear about BookTalk? And sorry the boards have been slow lately. The activity comes and goes in waves. It will pick up again soon. I hope you stick around.I've never read that Sagan book. Are you enjoying it? We've tackled a few Sagan books so far, but maybe that one ought to be added to our list of potential book selections.So where are you from? Tell us a bit about yourself!Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
booper54

Unread post

I heard about BookTalk from ebonmusings.org. He has a link to it there.Yes I'm enjoying Billions and Billions. It was the last book he wrote before he died in December of 1996. I'm still in the middle of it though.I was raised Catholic, but last September I started getting interested in science. The more I read about it (specifically a lot of Sagan's books) the more I saw there really was no need for a god to exist. So that's when I stopped believing. Now I want to become an astronomer I live in Santa Barbara, CA, I'm 18, and I start my first year of college this fall.If you really liked Pale Blue Dot I highly suggest Cosmos, also written by Carl Sagan. It's probably his best work, and most famous too.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Booper54Cosmos is an excellent TV series and I own it on VCR tape. I've never read the actual book, but own it. I wish you the best with your schooling and find astronomy to be pretty exciting too.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"

Return to “Everything Else”