• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

I have NEVER seen or heard of an Atheist version of this...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

I have NEVER seen or heard of an Atheist version of this...

Unread post

Trading Spouses Segment - Athiest and ChristianMr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Re: I have NEVER seen or heard of an Atheist version of this

Unread post

Russell needed to write a whole book on "Why I am not a Christian"...I offer the above video clip.I think this woman will do more to turn her children away from the religion with this display. Look at how embarrassed they look!Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Holy shit. Thanks for posting this, Nick. I just watched the whole clip and I feel really bad for those kids. What horrible child abuse they're being legally exposed to. That bitch needs to be in a mental ward.
tomiichi

Unread post

Why don't people see that it's the religious ones that are crazy? NOT US! oh yeah, because they are the religious ones. Edited by: tomiichi at: 9/12/06 5:43 pm
funda62

Unread post

Oh my stars! I had heard Russel's side to this and read a synopsis of the show, but seeing it is something else. Did she really not give a penny to the church or to charity? How nice that we from the "dark side" payed for her surgery. She didn't even stop to talk to her family. You could see even her husband was freaked out and angry. Those poor kids. Just imagine what she poors into them when cameras aren't trained on her. I was subjected to some pretty bizarre stuff as a kid but this is way too far over the top. "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, prehaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." -Henry David Thoreau
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

The producers of that show purposely pick the families that will provide the viewers with the most shocking and entertaining program. Even though we all know there are wacky religious people I think we all can admit that this lady is in an extreme minority.The hard part to watch is indeed the children and their reactions to watching their own mother behave like a possessed demon. But she would be a nut with or without religion I bet.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Minority maybe...but it is where belief in make believe can lead. It is why believing in make believe is best left in the adolescent years.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I agree.
tomiichi

Unread post

Imagine what she's pounding into her children now to make up for exposing them to "the dark side". Maybe her exposed craziness will make her children and husband begin to think outside christianity. Even if not soon, I bet one of those kids grows up atheist because of this. There is always some positive in others crazy actions.

Return to “Everything Else”