• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

I have had a revelation and have converted to...

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

I have had a revelation and have converted to...

Unread post

WONKAISM!I was watching a TV show last night and there was a character that looked a little odd. I turned to my wife and said..."that guy looks like an OOMPA-LOOMPA without make-up".After the show, on the previews for next week's show, the main character has some mishap with self tanning solutions and is a bright orange. A supporting character looks over to him and says "you look like an OOMPA-LOOMPA"!What else can this be except for a revelation from god (Wonka)? The show was NOT a repeat, so the previews for the next show could not have been seen before...and anyway, MY oompa-loompa was a different character who was never shown on the show before!Now...if I can only get millions of people to buy this, maybe in 2000 years, I will be rememberd as some sort of prophet of Wonkaism. For that is how all this crap starts...no? A mis-conception...a mis-fire of the belief engine.Or maybe I am REALLY on to something!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: I have had a revelation and have converted to...

Unread post

Have you seen the new Wonka movie?
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Speaking of misfires on the belief engine, you haven't dropped in on that thread recently, Mr. P.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

No...I am on somewhat of a break...to much going on in life and in my head for intense debate right now. I need a vacation so to speak...so I am keeping it as light as possible.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

Well, I hope you'll keep that thread in mind when you decide to jump back into the fray. I think it's an interesting subject.
0Lion0Eyes0

Unread post

I just laughed out loud. Pretty much the line of thinking that I encounter more and more with my Christian friends that are trying to convert me and don't understand why I Can't follow their "logic." Yikes!

Return to “Everything Else”