• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Humanism Conference at Harvard

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Humanism Conference at Harvard

Unread post

Is anyone thinking of attending the Humanism conference at Harvard in April? Pinker, Wilson, and Rushdie are going to be there. I've never been to Boston and am thinking of going. Also, feel free to comment on any other similar conferences you've been to.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Humanism Conference at Harvard

Unread post

I got an email about this, but doubt I could afford to go.
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Re: Darwin Day Celebrations

Unread post

Happy Darwin Day, all!I meant to post this link before but it lists tons of events, in dozens of cities, surrounding Darwin Day. Granted, most of those events took place yesterday. I'm still posting the link here.D.H., note that a bunch of churches got in on the action. I thought you would appreciate that.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Darwin Day Celebrations

Unread post

Tara, do you have a link to this conference? I'm now thinking of attending. My fiance has family in Boston so we might be able to combine a visit with attending this conference. But now I cannot find anything on the web about it.Ahh now I've found it. And now that I've looked at it I'm not very excited. Maybe this site will explain in more detail what the conference is all about at some point, but right now I'm not sold on the value.

Return to “Everything Else”