• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

How often do you watch TV?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

How often do you watch TV?

Unread post

How often do you watch TV? Results (total votes = 18):5+ hours per day&nbsp1 / 5.6%&nbsp 3-5 Hours a day&nbsp2 / 11.1%&nbsp 1-3 Hours a day&nbsp7 / 38.9%&nbsp Less than an hour&nbsp3 / 16.7%&nbsp Rarely if ever&nbsp5 / 27.8%&nbsp 
Sudsy Bubblebath

Re: How often do you watch TV?

Unread post

depends ... on average I'd say 1-3 Hours a day.
riverc0il
Senior

Unread post

how about an option for not having cable and never watching it?
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

It probably averages an hour a day. There are days that I watch no TV at all, then on Sunday I watch Sopranos and Big Love.
tomiichi

Unread post

For me it depends on the time of year. If the school semester is in I can go an entire week without having watched a second of tv. But now that it's the summer, I have to admit that I watch it almost every day.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I almost never sit down and watch TV. If I rig up a makeshift antenna, I can pick up three or four channels on my television at home, but I almost never do that. I did get into "The Shield" for a few months, but I watched the first four seasons on DVD -- we'll see if I can maintain interest until the 5th season hits video.Mostly I use my TV for watching movies. I also have a Gamecube, but I almost never play it. Not that I don't like it, I just usually have about five other things going on, and never get around to playing the games I have. About once a year, I'll get on a gaming kick and play an hour so a day for a few weeks. Then, it's on to something else.As you might imagine, I devote much more time to reading and writing than to television.
Wishwas

Unread post

I don't have a T.V. and don't watch it anywhere else. But once in 4 years I make an exception. The exception is 'Soccer World Cup!' (which begins on 9th June this year. Any soccer lovers here ?) Recently I have started watching videos at Google Videos & Youtube sites. But this is also very rare ( one or two per month.)
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

I've gone for 7 years without watching TV, unless I was staying at a hotel for the night. Then I would find myself absently flipping through all the channels....(I own a DVD & VHS collection of movies)I grew up with a sister who never turned the TV off, and she still doesn't. If I'm visiting, the TV is on constantly, either being watched or not, but on, flickering like a fireplace.Now that my husband and I are staying in a furnished basement suite until we can move into our new house, we're watching TV. I enjoy the 'reveals' of the design shows (the only real truth on the whole dial), Iron Chef, and CSI. I don't dare start watching anything else...or read a TV guide. I don't want to know when things are on. So, do we get cable in the house? We're already planning to put our TV downstairs in the basement, not in the main living room. "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds."
Stand Alone Complex 0

Unread post

I hate cut myself off from all forms of communication with my TV and Radio. I only watch my DVD movies and listen to my cd's. I use to watch TV but no new show's worth watching TV for, My favorite shows were Stargate SG-1 but dont like the new series they broke up the old cast. and The new Battlestar Galactica .
fairlee fairlady

Unread post

On Wednesday nights when 'Lost' is on-- and whenever there is a rerun of early 'That 70s Show'-- and sometimes SNL-- If I have insomnia, I watch either the golf channel or the cooking channel (I don't do either)-- Used to watch 'Desperate Housewives' until it got too desperate-- Catch CSI once in a while (I think Grissom is HOT; I have a thing for older guys)-- but then I also love Charlie on 'Lost'...go figure Fairlady

Return to “Everything Else”