• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

How many men have walked on the moon?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

How many men have walked on the moon?

Unread post

How many men have walked on the moon?Results (total votes = 3):2&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp4&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp7&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp12&nbsp3 / 100.0%&nbsp 16&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Carigann

Re: How many men have walked on the moon?

Unread post

Zero... it's all a big hoax covered up with conspiracy.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

CarigannAre you joking?Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Carigann

Unread post

OK, let me explain lol. I used to think people who didn't believe we really landed on the moon were freaks. I guess I'm a freak now though because I seriously don't believe it. I watched a documentery once disproving the whole thing and then because I was begining to doubt I did a couple of online searches. There were just so many inconsistancies.Several that stood out can be found here:www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm9 SPACE ODDITIES: 1. Apollo 14 astronaut Allen Shepard played golf on the Moon. In front of a worldwide TV audience, Mission Control teased him about slicing the ball to the right. Yet a slice is caused by uneven air flow over the ball. The Moon has no atmosphere and no air. 2. A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Landerlifting off the Moon. Who did the filming? 3. One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot? 4. The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints. 5. The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The PR would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares. 6. Text from pictures in the article said that only two men walked on the Moon during the Apollo 12 mission. Yet the astronaut reflected in the visor has no camera. Who took the shot? 7. The flags shadow goes behind the rock so doesn't match the dark line in the foreground, which looks like a line cord. So the shadow to the lower right of the spaceman must be the flag. Where is his shadow? And why is the flag fluttering if there is no air or wind on the moon? 8. How can the flag be brightly lit when its side is to the light? And where, in all of these shots, are the stars? 9. The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust. The powerful booster rocket at the base of the Lunar Lander was fired to slow descent to the moons service. Yet it has left no traces of blasting on the dust underneath. It should have created a small crater, yet the booster looks like it's never been fired. ++++++If you go to google, type in "was moonlanding faked", you will be amazed how many sites are out there on the topic and while some seem like crackpots, many of them have very valid arguements.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Massive Poster
United States of America

Unread post

Many of these are embarrassing, they are easily explained. For example # 8 shows a lack of understanding of photography. The moon's surface is about as bright as the earth's on a sunny day, perhaps brighter. So if you expose for objects on the surface, the exposure is too short to show the stars. If you exposed to show the stars, objects on the surface would be greatly over-exposed (way too bright). And the flag looks properly lit to me, I don't know what that is talking about.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

CarigannMy heart is racing as I read your words. When I have relaxed a bit and had some dinner I will attempt to answer your bullet points, but the fact is I have NEVER in my life met someone who changed their mind once exposed to the real facts.Your research is far from complete. Every single point EVER made in the history of "Lunar Landing Hoax" freaks has been thoroughly explained. Every single one. There are so many resources available that I am beyond baffled how you can think this was a hoax. BookTalk is about critical thinking, and I really hope you stick around for the full discussion we need to have on this subject. EVERY point you can make I can answer. We did land on the moon and dozens of times. Before man set foot on the lunar surface we sent plenty of unmanned spacecraft too.You will impress the hell out of me if you stick around for this. And I would appreciate if other people read this thread and jumped in. It can be very exhausting trying to take someone from point A to point B, when the road is as bumpy as this one.I suggest if you have some time you check out www.badastronomy.com.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
AirPrang

Unread post

Given the quality of that photo, I'm not sure what we're supposed to be looking for in terms of presence or absence. Also, what's its provenance? Has it been altered by any outside party? I'd rather look at the original, whether in a book or on a NASA site before commenting one way or the other - even though I don't understand how anyone can tell whether or not the reflection in the astronauts faceplate is another astronaut with or without a camera. Snopes.com is full of cleverly doctored photos that dis/prove so many different things it's beyond a joke.However, the 'fluttering' flag is an easy one: it has a clearly visible horizontal support as well as the usual, vertical flagpole. The flag isn't pulled straight and smooth along the horizontal support, instead it has wrinkles, ruchings and ruckings in the flag, held further still by the lack of atmosphere. It's these that give the 'fluttering' effect. Going back to LanDroid's comment regarding knowledge of photography, several of the supposed anomolies are also explained by the far position of the sun as a light source: shadows, in this circumstance, are not parallel. Rather than try to clumsily explain it myself, there's a detailed explanation on the site Chris posted including a simple way of testing the truth regarding non parallel shadows and distant light sources for yourself, right here on earth.Thanks for the link to www.badastronomy.com, Chris. As an interested lay person I'm finding it an informative and accessible read with many practical excercises for testing the veracity of its observations and comments. Tomorrow, in my experience, is usually the same day.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

AirPrangYou will notice that the American flag has the exact same wrinkles in all of the pictures where it can be seen. As you stated this flag had a wire support through the top to keep it held out in place.I've seen that picture a zillion times. Here is what is said about it. Notice there isn't a shadow connected to the astronauts feet, but there is on the other objects? The reason for this is simple. He is jumping and the pic was taken while in the air. A little bit of research into the actual mission will answer all of the skeptics concerns.Run a search for Lunar Journal for everything you could ever want to know about the Apollo Missions.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Here it is...www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/frame.htmlChris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

12 men have walked on the moon - 24 have orbited the moon.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"

Return to “Everything Else”