• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

How many countries have you visited?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

How many countries have you visited?

Unread post

How many countries have you visited?Please name them too!Results (total votes = 10):Only the one in which I currently live&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspTwo total including my current country&nbsp1 / 10.0%&nbsp 3 - 5&nbsp6 / 60.0%&nbsp 6 - 10&nbsp1 / 10.0%&nbsp 11+&nbsp2 / 20.0%&nbsp 
funda62

Re: How many countries have you visited?

Unread post

USAMexicoCosta RicaTurkeyGermany(I only count countries that I have physically put my foot down in, not layovers in airports or quick drive throughs (Austria)).However France will soon be number 6. "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, prehaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." -Henry David Thoreau
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

United StatesCanadaGreeceOur trip to Greece meant we stopped in Germany to switch planes. Does this count?
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

Canada (home)USABrazilArgentinaParaguayEnglandFranceGreeceMaltaSpainPortugalSouth KoreaVietnamThailandChinaHong Kong (before it reverted!) "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds." Loricat's Book NookCelebrating the Absurd
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Damn Lori! You're a real world traveler!
Magnolia42

Unread post

I've only been to countries I could go to without a passport:USACanadaMexicoThe Bahamas _____________Trip with me...www.blogtimesherald.com/ann
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

AustraliaThe BahamasBelizeCanadaGermanyGuatemalaSaudi ArabiaAnd most of the USI traveled most of the US when I was a kid including Alaska I also visited Canada.My favorite place of these was Alaska but the water is cold and the mosquito's are insane, (large and many!) When I was in the army I visited Belize, Guatemala, Germany, and Saudi. Belize was very cool, the town we were in had a shop that sold a large turkey sandwich, cup of soup and soda deal for 50 cents. In Belize I also ate a local delicacy called "gibnut" it is a large forest rat about 18 inches long not including the tail. The locals hunt it with a small bow and arrow and serve it like pulled pork. It was actually very good.Guatemala had some very interesting pyramids one we went to was so far out of the way we had to hire a guide. That place looked like something out of an Indiana Jones movie, the jungle opened up and there was this lost ruin, it was very cool.After I got out of the Army I spent a month in Australia and I took a cruise to the Bahamas. Australia was amazing I climbed Aries rock and dove the Great Barrier Reef; I rode a camel, I even tackled a wild boar. This was a really fun trip.Later Edited by: Frank 013 at: 9/25/06 11:44 pm
Sara Michael

Unread post

Wow ... impressed!!! I've never stepped foot off of USA soil. I've booked a canopy hike in Costa Rica, a Swiss ski trip and am taking my son to Australia next year!
tomiichi

Unread post

Only Canada and Mexico. Mexico is my favorite. I do all my scuba diving down there. You just have to get past the border towns.
Federika22

Unread post

Just the U.S. (where I'm from) and Mexico. I love to visit Mexico, and I miss it!I tried to visit Canada once, but the Canadians wouldn't let me through. They searched my truck (every nook and cranny) and gave me an interrogation before turning me around. I hate to say it but I had a very bitter feeling when I left. Mexico I have visited a bunch of times over the years. During my last trip someone broke into our beach hotel room while we were sleeping in it and stole half of our things (the room wasn't very secure...), including all my ID. I had to go to the US Embassy to obtain a temporary passport, and they almost wouldn't let me. They really gave me the third degree (including an american woman who gave me an accent check- ha!). So Canada didn't let me in; Mexico almost wouldn't let me out! Mexico is great though in my opinion. If you haven't been there...check out Oaxaca and the beaches down that way- BEAUTIFUL!!I hope to do a lot more traveling someday when I have the money.

Return to “Everything Else”