• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

how effective are 'book trailers'?

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
PoeticJustin
Master Debater

Re: how effective are 'book trailers'?

Unread post

I have made two book trailers using Windows Movie Maker, nothing too fancy just fun, direct and too the point. I have posted them to Youtube and one has over 60 views and the other 123 views. Now I will personally state that I can't say the book trailers have helped me in sales but they are there in the event that it makes an impact on someone and they are fun to make. Now to answer the question, are they effective? I suppose if they are posted in the right places they can draw in some people. I would also say that the more professionally done the more likely they are to be effective. I am more on the side of where you post them and how you tag them that will help you figure out whether or not they are effective. Basically I say yes and no, they can be if you know what your doing or have a good idea. If you just put together a book trailer, post it and then expect drastic changes in sales well then your going to be in for a rude awakening.

The first thing to remember about a book trailer is you want to keep it simple, don't give away too much but provide enough information so the reader knows whats going on and make it good enough that it will pull in their attention. If you can do these very easy tasks then there is a good chance your book trailer will be effective in pulling you in some sales.
Justin Bienvenue--Author--Like A Box of Chocolates

Return to “Author's Lounge”