• In total there are 12 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Hot Single Male

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KJEster
Getting Comfortable

Hot Single Male

Unread post

I like horse riding, long walks on the beach and-- what's that? Wrong site? Aww, doesn't matter, I was lying anyway. Though in my defense, I am male!

Okay, an honest introduction. I am in the automotive engineering field (unfortunately) and dream every day of becoming a full time author. I found my love for writing in 2003, the same year I got married, and I am not sure which one is more important to me.

I had always wanted to try and write a western, but I had no maps of the old west and was smart enough to realize that is something I could not fake. Then one day I decided to write my own fantasy. This was a great choice for me because it allowed my imagination to run free. I spent three years on my first book and learned two things. First was that I had the formatting wrong and it was over 800 pages. The second thing was that it just plain sucked and I had a lot to learn. Ten years and a few novels later, I now have the first two books of a trilogy self published and a third novel (not of the trilogy) coming out soon.

I have a granddaughter due to be born in November and plan on having a children's book, "Morty the Christmas Moose" ready to publish on the day she is born. The story is written but I am finding I have lost touch with my artistic abilities when attempting to draw the images.

I have also become sort of a Spider aficionado. I never had much of a love for the critters but was always a little intrigued. One day I found a spider in my living room and tried looking it up on-line. When I realized there simply were no good sites for what spiders were in Michigan, I decided to create the guide for others to use. Every time I found a new spider, I took pictures and added them to the blog. Four years later, I answer several emails every day (during warm months) helping people identify their spiders and answering questions. Im even a little proud to say that I took part in getting an extremely rare Brown Recluse infestation in Michigan officially identified and documented.

I guess I should apologize for the long intro here. Its a bad habit that I have no desire to shake. I get to typing and words keep coming. :o)
Writing sets the imagination free.
K.J.Ester
K.J.Ester
Michigan Spiders
KJEster
Getting Comfortable

Re: Hot Single Male

Unread post

Sorry about the weird icon at the end. I have a bad habit of doing a smile face with the : o ) symbols and not using icons. lol
Writing sets the imagination free.
K.J.Ester
K.J.Ester
Michigan Spiders
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hot Single Male

Unread post

Interesting Intro!

Are you familiar with spiny orb weaver spiders? We have a ton of them down here in FL in screened enclosures. They're pretty cool looking but I have to admit I'd rather admire them on the outside of my pool enclosure and not on the inside. They have spikes all over their backs. Very cool looking.

When you release "Morty the Christmas Moose" send me a print copy and I'll advertise it on our Featured Books page.

Welcome to the community! ;-)

Return to “Everything Else”