• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Hi from Tampa Florida!!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ciscoguy24

Hi from Tampa Florida!!

Unread post

Hello everybody my name is Adam and I am from good ol Tampa Florida. I love to read books, and I focus on reading non-fictional books about history. I am thinking about becoming a history teacher at the high school level. (Maybe college we will see). Right now I am going to a community college here in Tampa. I am 25 and married and expecting our first!!! I was so happy that i found booktalk. I am picking up the book Collapse today. I look forward to chatting with you all... Have a happy 4th of July.Adam
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Hi from Tampa Florida!!

Unread post

Welcome!Glad you found us. I look forward to seeing your contributions to our community. Hopefully you will find time to participate in the "Freethinkers" discussion as well.Congrats on excpecting your first. I have 4 myself! Reading time for me is sometimes difficult! Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

AdamWelcome to BookTalk! I'm in the Tampa Bay area too so I'm naturally wondering how you learned of BookTalk. Congratulations on the baby. Chris
marti1900

Welcome

Unread post

Hi and to the community. If you scroll down to Additional Discussions in the first section of Book Discussions, you will see threads on Thomas Paine, which some of us are reading, and on Thucydides' History of the Peloponnesian War (oh dear, did I spell that right?), which some of us were reading, but I think everyone has abandoned me, so I could use some help from a potential history teacher.OK, after that shameless bid for a reading buddy for Thucydides , again welcome, and congrats on your little one. Marti in Mexico
ciscoguy24

Unread post

Hey Chris thats awsome that you are from Tampa. Are you ready for another hurricane?? I heard about booktalk from a book discussion site, but I forgot the name. Are there many people from Tampa on this site? Might be cool to all meet or something. I did pick up the book Collapse and I just started reading it. Also I picked up Technics and Civilization which seems to be a good book on technology and civilizations. I will probally start that after Collapse. Anyways I gotta go.......

Return to “Everything Else”