• In total there are 21 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Hi fellow readers

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DaveJeb
Master Debater

Hi fellow readers

Unread post

Hello everyone,
my fondest early memories are of my grandmother and I reading together. She started me on a wonderful winding journey, don't know what I would do without the written (or binary) word. I enjoy a wide variety of authors from Neil Gaiman, Jared Diamond, Michael Connelly, Ian Rankin, Vaclav Smil to Ngaio Marsh and through genres philosophy, science, mystery, travel, mindfulness, history, science fiction and graphic. Not so much fantasy or poetry but am willing to try again if there is a goup that can help me along. I look forward to catching the next group discussion as it begins. Happy page turning
Bookish
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hi fellow readers

Unread post

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the community. :-)

Your grandmother gave you quite a gift.
DaveJeb
Master Debater

Unread post

thanks Dave, I still think of her often even though she died long ago. Awesome site, sorry I won't be joining you reading the Mormons, will wait for the next book to jump in.
Bookish
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

We read and discuss new books all the time so join when the right book comes along and you have the time and interest to participate. ;-)
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Hi Dave and welcome to Book Talk. :) We are (usually) a pretty friendly bunch, and while we sometimes growl at each other, we don't bite. :wink: Don't be afraid to jump into any discussion; you may learn something :? ... or you may teach US something. :lol:
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Everything Else”