• In total there are 13 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Hello

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
SusanRO
Official Newbie!

Hello

Unread post

Just want to introduce myself and say that I'm very happy to have found this site. It's been several years since I've been part of a book club and this is my first on-line club. However, I have participated in forums before, so I'm very comfortable with the format. I'm a long-time avid reader, but recently I've struggled to find books that I really love. I'm hoping that this site will introduce me to great books and will re-stimulate my passion through stimulating conversation. So, hi all!

I'm female and live in Southern California. I love reading (duh!), cooking and eating great food, drinking craft beers, traveling. I like all kinds of books, although SciFi is my least favorite. I never read romance, actually. Most of my top favorite books are non-fiction, but I love fiction as well. I like writing creative non-fiction. I found BookTalk.org from a list of on-line book clubs that showed up on my FB page (from NPR Books, maybe?).

So, I'm off to order A Short History of Nearly Everything. I'm really excited to finally be reading this.
Last edited by SusanRO on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Hello

Unread post

Hi, welcome SusanRO. I've been making my way through A Brief History of Nearly Everything. Bryson covers a remarkable range of topics in the book. How he educated himself on all of this, seeming to understand a lot of complex material,and presenting it clearly to general readers like me, is impressive. It might be that I will be more ready to discuss the book when I've come to the end of it and look back for the parts that seem to be the best to talk about.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hello

Unread post

Welcome to BookTalk.org, SusanRO. You seem like a really good fit for the community. I hope to see you around on the forums. ;-)

Return to “Everything Else”