• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Hello from Ladystamper

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LadyStamper1

Hello from Ladystamper

Unread post

Greetings book lovers. My husband (ecstian or Eric to you all) introduced me to this site in the hopes that I might be interested in joining the discussions. I am an atheist but I enjoy learning about how and why people believe the things they do. This month's book selection sounded like a great place to start. I must confess that I tend toward fiction in my personal reading (specifically the mindless kind :that I can finish in 1 sitting). With 2 young children and a business, the only reading time I get is in the few minutes before bed when I can read a couple of pages before dozing off. I'm looking forward to discussions with you all and will try my hardest to keep up with those of you more accustomed to books without a plot. Oh and yea I do like to use emoticons in my posts. Hope ya'll don't mind
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Hello from Ladystamper

Unread post

LadystamperIt's a pleasure to meet you Ladystamper. I know what you mean about being too busy for reading. Sometimes I struggle to find the time to complete our book selections. One suggestion is you look into audio books. You can download plenty of them, whether they are fiction or nonfiction, on sites all over the web. When I drive I like to listen to audio books at times.Welcome to BookTalk!Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
LadyStamper1

Unread post

Thanks for the welcome Chris. Nice thought about the audio books but unless it is the Wiggles or kid's sing along I doubt that I would be able to hear much of what is being said over the request of "No mommy, my turn, my music"
Katala Au

Unread post

Hi LadyStamper, I'd also like to say welcome to booktalk I also have some difficulty getting through books as I'm a student and feel like I should be reading for my classes when I have the energy, but somehow, I think having kids and a business is a much better excuse...Anyway I'll stop rambling, except I needa say Go Wiggles! lol...I'm an Aussie so it's cool to see their presence in the US. Nicole

Return to “Everything Else”