• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Hello from CSflim

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
CSflim

Hello from CSflim

Unread post

Hello all. CSflim here.Born and living in Ireland, I'm 19 years old. I'm a second year in Trinity College Dublin, studying Computer Science.Found this board via a link from nobeliefs.comThe community looks very interesting, and I am delighted to have found it, as I have been looking for such a site for quite a while now! I love reading non-fiction books, but often find that having read a book, what I really need is to have a good long chat about it with someone else who has read it, in order to get my own ideas fully straightened out. Now it seems that I have found precisely this times 100.I am also an active member of tfproject.org, another online community full of interesting people, though I do get a bit exasperated seeing thread after thread of "god talk" in the philosophy forum. I come here seeking solace! :)I am an atheist and very sceptical. If you want to convince me of something, you make damn sure that you have masses of evidence to back you up!Looking forward to getting active in this community. I'm only disappointed that I missed the chat with Richard Dawkins, whom I greatly admire.Cheers,CSflim
ecstian

Re: Hello from CSflim

Unread post

Welcome CSflim!We are glad to have you along. I am also one of those people who needs to discuss what I have read. I find that it makes such a greater impact and I really gain a greater understanding when I share input from and with others. I look forward to our future discussions. I hope you will find the solace you seek Eric
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Trinity, eh?

Unread post

Welcome to our community!You study at Trinity, eh? Is it as beautiful as the pictures make it out to be?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Trinity, eh?

Unread post

CSflimWhat the hell does CSflim mean? I'm always curious about peoples online names. Well, someone finally from the motherland! I'm mostly Irish and aspire to visit Ireland someday soon. In fact, I am going to do my best to travel there sometime in the next 18 months with my father.ZachSylvanus has shown me a picture of the library at Trinity College, but I would love to see more of it. From what we learned, Star Wars copied that library when they created their "Jedi Library" scene.Well, welcome to BookTalk! You sound like someone that would add a great deal to the community, and probably see some rewards too. Since you like to read and discuss nonfiction...we might be a nice fit.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."
CSflim

Unread post

CSflim means nothing I'm afraid. It's a random group of letters I chose a while ago when my previous alias was unavailable in something I was signing up for. Since then it has stuck!Trinity College was considering sueing Lucasarts over the "striking similarity" between the Long Room, and the Jedi Library. I'm not sure what happened to that, but it seemed to fizzle out. (Unfortunate...our college could really use the money about now!)And yeah, Trinity is quite a beautiful place. I'm enjoying my time there!Spot the difference Edited by: CSflim at: 1/31/04 7:46 pm
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Yes, there is a striking similarity. hmmm Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"

Return to “Everything Else”