• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Heart of Darkness: Student Message Board Involvement

#44: Feb. - Mar. 2008 (Fiction)
aaronyuu
Official Newbie!

Re: Heart of Darkness: Student Message Board Involvement

Unread post

Aaron Yu
1st Cossick <- Heading. Don't subtract points from me.
4/19/10
Princey
Official Newbie!

Unread post

HW:
hi. this is Eugene from 2nd period.
when i first read this book, i had no idea what was going on. so i had to reread. but that's still not enough because this book's narrator just goes on and on. so its really easy to skip or miss some things that are important. such as, who is the unknown narrator? i mean, what kind of person is he? and why is he retelling the story in a way like he experienced it himself? :?: :?: :?: these questions are making me wonder and to interpret the book in my own ways.
honeychai
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Homework: Comment on HOD

This book has many large vocabulary, but after reading it twice and defining the words, i am able to understand it better. There are also metaphor usage in the story. Sometimes it's not easy to figure out the meaning behind it, but as we read further, we will eventually find the meaning.
juyu5
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Julian Yu! :) 1st period!
iflorax3
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Flora from 1st Period. =]
Motif93

Unread post

umm hello everyone. This is ivan aka MOTIF!! im from the almighty 2nd period and here to leave a comment about the so here i go haha. Well i have yet to understand the author's style of writing and im not a big fan of reading so i really dont get the book so far. Ill continue to read mainly because the book touches on a subjects im really interested in. Expect comments that would have you pounding your table at home in the future! Peace!
csandal
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Cherlyn from 1st period
momonstersaayys
Official Newbie!

Unread post

MoChamwecha from the best period everrrrrrrrrrr(=
WAFFLEonFACE
Official Newbie!

Unread post

HW: Eduardo from the best period(2nd) here; I think Marlow lived in his own little innocent bubble as a child and when he decided that he wished to go to the Congo, he had no idea what awaited him. He could not beleive his eyes as his world was unraveled into a world of alienation and greed. Now that his eyes have been open, I like to think that he has finally taken a little taste and will be curious to go into the belly of the beast, which in this case the inner parts of the Congo. Marlow's curiosity will lead him to places he never thought he would arrive to. You know what they say, curiosity killed the cat. BTW that was a little forshadow for ya.

"Break it Down Now"
*Dances
-Oliver Gan
csandal
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Homework:
I feel like this book started off really mellow and it was confusing to understand and follow. Now that I reread it, it's making some sense. I think that Marlow still has this long journey ahead of him since he's really curious. I think that he'll find what he really wants to do for the rest of his life when he goes into Africa. I think that he also might want to go there because he wants to be able to learn, see, and experience something he hasn't before. When he finds the truth about what's really happening in Africa, I think that he's going to wake up and help them out in someway. Marlow is probably not going to leave things the way he saw them.

Return to “Heart of Darkness - by Joseph Conrad”