• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Have you ever died?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Have you ever died?

Unread post

Have you ever died? Results (total votes = 4):Yes&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspNo&nbsp1 / 25.0%&nbsp I'm dead now. Boo.&nbsp3 / 75.0%&nbsp 
Keith and Company

Re: Have you ever died?

Unread post

Just the Little Death.
AntyNet0914

Unread post

Bring out your dead!!!!! *Clang*Bring out your dead!!!!! *Clang*But...I'm not dead yet!You will be soon! There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there.
Keith and Company

Unread post

I have that figure.I was so upset i wrote the company and complained that they finished the line before they got to the dead guy or the cart. Firken ding blast! Keith's Place
ADO15

Unread post

Technically, I have died twice, but I still seem to be alive. _________________________________________________________Il Sotto Seme La Neva
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

KeithWhat is the "little death?"ADOAre you serious about technically dying twice? What happened? Chris
ADO15

Unread post

The 'petit mort' is the swoon of orgasm.As for me - I had two Total Respiratory Arrests in about 1985. One put me in hospital. I was visiting my parents after pushing it a bit (you know, working too hard, looking after an alcoholic partner (yup), taking too much medication), and, you know how when you relax, that's when the illness hits you hard, well, it got me.Fortunately, I managed to reach over & slam a door (I couldn't breathe to call anyone) before I passed out.My dad was put under suspicion of GBH, as he had been pummeling me to try to keep my heart going until the ambulance arrived, and I arrived at hospital unconscious & covered in bruises.Two days later, in the hospital, I was watching TV & thought my breathing was getting a bit tight. I levered myself off the chair, and towards the ward. Apparently, I collpased quite dramatically on the floor, but my breathing had completely stopped again, and I woke up in ITU many hours later.So yeah - technically dead twice (in one weekend!), but no long tunnels or bright lights, or meeting Jesus or any of that stuff.And it has helped me face death (mine & others) in a very calm level way. Even when my baby son was fighting for his life in hospital, and my partner turned to her religion, I was getting ready to accept death. Not welcome it, and of course I was upset, but I knew there was no God, so I knew that whatever the outcome, if we had done all we could, then that was what had to be. As it is, that baby has grown up and is watching TV downstairs. _________________________________________________________Il Sotto Seme La Neva
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

ADOFascinating story. Thanks for sharing. I find it interesting how one person having a near death experience will "experience" God, while another will not. Could it be that your beliefs going into the NDE are what shape your experience?Chris
ADO15

Unread post

I think you could well be right, and oh how I wish I had had an OOB, or some such, but it was much more mundane than that. Death is death.Oh - I did have an OOB once, but it was when I was on a syringe driver of Salbutamol, and the nurse accidentally pushed in the plunger when she was changing it, giving me a massive overdose. Totally awesome high, man! _________________________________________________________Il Sotto Seme La Neva

Return to “Everything Else”