• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Happy Constitution Day!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
GOD defiles Reason

Happy Constitution Day!

Unread post

What Do You Know About TheSeparation of State and Church?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Happy Constitution Day!

Unread post

"What Do You Know AboutThe Separation of State and Church?"Thank you for taking the test, and for your interest in state/church separation.See below to get a free copy of Freethought Today.Congratulations! You scored 14 correct out of 21!18 - 21: Wow! First Amendment Scholar14 - 17: Congratulations! Better informed than most Americans10 - 13: Passing Grade6 - 9: Did you attend a parochial school? Try test again.0 - 5: Are you sure you are not a member of the Religious Right?You are the 3,651st person to take this test since October 12, 2000.Average score: 12
GOD defiles Reason

Unread post

Thank you for taking the test, and for your interest in state/church separation.See below to get a free copy of Freethought Today.Congratulations! You scored 19 correct out of 21!18 - 21: Wow! First Amendment Scholar14 - 17: Congratulations! Better informed than most Americans10 - 13: Passing Grade6 - 9: Did you attend a parochial school? Try test again.0 - 5: Are you sure you are not a member of the Religious Right?You are the 3,669th person to take this test since October 12, 2000.Average score: 12(That was my second time to take that quiz. )
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

The questions seemed to get harder and harder. Much of the first batch of questions are common knowledge to freethinkers, but many questions deeper into the quiz were completely new to me.Chris
GOD defiles Reason

Unread post

Yeah. Some of 'em are still fresh in my memory. I think most of the latter questions surprised me first time around.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Excellent post! I missed the HITLER one, after second guessing myself! I missed the TRICK question about the Pilgrims separation...and I could swear that "In God We Trust" was put on money during Lincoln's time...hmmm.Thank you for taking the test, and for your interest in state/church separation.See below to get a free copy of Freethought Today.Congratulations! You scored 15 correct out of 21!18 - 21: Wow! First Amendment Scholar14 - 17: Congratulations! Better informed than most Americans10 - 13: Passing Grade6 - 9: Did you attend a parochial school? Try test again.0 - 5: Are you sure you are not a member of the Religious Right?You are the 3,683rd person to take this test since October 12, 2000.Average score: 12Correct answers appear below in blue type.Your incorrect selections (if any) are shown in red type. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
GOD defiles Reason

Unread post

Quote:and I could swear that "In God We Trust" was put on money during Lincoln's time...hmmm.I think the key part of that question is when it was an "act of Congress." And that's when it became manditory for it to be on ALL money. Up until then, some money had it, some didn't.
GOD defiles Reason

Unread post

Wikipedia breaks it down for us: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

We celebrated Constitution Day in school today. I was surprised that we actually had to turn lesson plans for Constitution Day in to our Assistant Principal. This year, teachers received a document explaining that this day is to be observed in schools. I really had to keep myself in check while discussing the topic down here in the bible belt!
Keith and Company

Unread post

Quote:and I could swear that "In God We Trust" was put on money during Lincoln's time...From time to time, but not all coins/bills, not all the time. Roosevelt took the phrase off of the $20 gold coin one year, because he felt that God's name shouldn't be involved in gambling, or transactions such as the purchase of alchohol, tobacco and prostitutes.Congress went apeshit the next year and put it back on.It was legislated for all monies about the same time that 'under god' was attached to the pledge. See also 'McCarthy'Congratulations! You scored 19 correct out of 21!18 - 21: Wow! First Amendment Scholar14 - 17: Congratulations! Better informed than most Americans10 - 13: Passing Grade6 - 9: Did you attend a parochial school? Try test again.0 - 5: Are you sure you are not a member of the Religious Right?You are the 4,005th person to take this test since October 12, 2000.Average score: 12 Keith's Place Edited by: Keith and Company at: 9/21/05 1:59 pm

Return to “Everything Else”