• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

God has joined the forum.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

God has joined the forum.

Unread post

Now, what topics would you like to talk with God about?What questions would you ask?Fell free to post as much as you like.This is for fun, so no attacks or bickering!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of Pain
God et al

It's God

Unread post

Hello all!I cannot wait to talk with you!God, et al
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: It's God

Unread post

Dear GodFirst of all I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to finally talk with me. As you know I've really tried to get in touch with you for a very long time, so imagine my surprise to see you with an EZBoard account. You sure do work in mysterious ways. The Bible talks about having a relationship with you through prayer and worship and I think I used to do fairly well in this regard. I prayed and loved you as you require, but you seem to have let me down more than a few times. I'd like to know why more than anything else.Why did you allow my very religious mother do die a horrible death from cancer when I was 6 years old? The priest told me that you needed her for things in heaven and I should look at this as a good thing. My mother was special to you and this is what mattered.Well, as an all-knowing being surely you knew that I needed her at that age. So why did you kill my mother? She was faithful and active in the Catholic Church.... as you know. I said my prayers every night and was as faithful as a little boy can be at such a young age. What did you need my mother for? Did you need her more than me?After my mom died, as you know, things kind of went downhill for a while. The next 7 years were spent in foster homes and institutions, bouncing from one abusive situation to the next. Several religious leaders, seeing that I was struggling with my faith, came up with all sorts of answers as to why you allowed such things to happen. I'd like to hear it straight from you though, so please answer this letter. As an omniscient God you knew what killing my mother would bring. Why did you allow this to happen? I loved you and you let me down.You let so many people down from my childhood. You allowed Alan's parents to beat him bloody and send him to the Children's home at 11 years old. Why? You killed Eric's parents and allowed his foster parents to abuse him sexually, resulting in psychological problems that I'm sure have lasted for his whole life. Were these tests? That's what priests, pastors, Bishops and other religious leaders told me. But why test me and these little kids, yet allow so many people to move through life with no apparent struggles or hardships? I'm curious beyond belief. They always told me that you work in mysterious ways, but there has to be some sort of reason behind your actions. I'd love an answer so I can renew my faith.Oh, and between foster home 1 and 2 I stayed with my aunt and uncle for 7 months. It was the first period of stability and happiness I had had in a long time. I'm sure you saw I was in a loving environment. Why did you allow the welfare department to pull me away from family and put me in a horribly abusive foster home where kids were beaten, thrown down stairs, sexually assaulted, and other wise tormented? You surely saw that I snuck out of the house at night and slept in Peppy's doghouse with him.... right? Remember the Irish Setter that became my one and only friend? What's that all about? Hadn't I been through enough or was this test thing supposed to go on so long that my faith was challenged completely? Oh, and why did you allow my older brother to be taken away from me and placed in a totally different foster home? Wouldn't we have been able to support each other through the pain had we been together? I was so confused when that strange man came to the house and took us both away.... and in opposite directions...with my father crying and nothing making sense. Why? Why? Why did it happen the way it happened?My childhood wasn't so peachy, but I saw kids with it 10x worse. Kids that were so abused they had permanent scars and disfigurement. Young girls raped and sexually tortured so badly that they might never trust a man or love fully. We all wet the bed it seemed. They tell me bed-wetting is the result of abuse, but I don't know. Didn't you at least see that we were all bed wetting when the rest of kids our age didn't have such a problem. This might have been a red flag that we needed some help. Why did you hurt them so badly? Why? Please...I'm honestly begging for an answer.As you know I was searching desperately for meaning when you allowed me to be placed in the Cleveland Christian Home with 40 other abused and neglected children. Unlike most of them I had a glimmer of hope of someday being reunited with my family. They had lost hope and most today are either dead or in jail or on the streets. Couldn't you have given some of them a reason to live? They were my friends...my family. Now many are dead. They gave up on living because they felt nobody cared about them. Surely you know the dangers of extreme depression - I mean you created it. Why didn't you answer some of their prayers and whisper to them in their sleep and tell them that YOU love them? The Bible tells us how much you and Jesus love us.... sometimes we need to hear it directly. That might have saved them.And being all-knowing, why did you allow my social worker to give me a key to the institution library at only 10 years old? You know how kids are susceptible to any old belief. Giving me that key changed me forever, and you must have known it would. Late at night I would visit the library and borrow books of all sorts. As you might remember one of the donated books was by an evil man named Charles Darwin. Remember that book? It changed my life God. It gave me a new vision of life and new hope. Surely you knew I shouldn't be exposed to such lies and deception, but you allowed it. Why? You knew that what I read in that book would not mesh with what I was taught about you and the world you created and controlled. Yet you allowed the book to be placed there, like a cancerous cell. It grew into something huge and out of control God.There are some awful things that happened to me or other kids I lived with that I'm not going to place in this letter due to the fact that some other people might read them. You probably watched as they happened though, so you know what I'm referring to. You probably heard the prayers and pleading. None of us seemed to hear your response.I'd love an answer this time. I've prayed throughout my younger life and often cried myself to sleep wondering when the pain would stop. You've never been there for me and I kept my faith. I watched you hurt so many people that I can't even keep track of the suffering anymore. I've witnessed you tricking us with evil science that seems to show us that this universe is much older than your Holy Books claims it to be. Why do you trick us? Is this a test? When does it stop and when does the love come?I'm so confused and look forward to your answers. Thank you in advance God. I know you're a busy God maintaining all the wars, starvation, diseases, and other problems of the world. When you find time I'd love to chat with you. And I can promise you with all my heart that if you just answer some of these questions I'll come back to you full force. And as you know I'm not one to sit passive. I'll be a spokesperson of the highest order for you. A true missionary. Please talk to me God.Your confused son,Chris O'Connor "For Every Winner, There Are Dozens Of Losers. Odds Are You're One Of Them"
God et al

Re: CHRIS!

Unread post

You know you are not supposed to ask such questions. Honestly, I am very sorry for your experience, but what could I do? I am only one god for so many people.You are being a little self centered now are'nt you Chris.I assure you, I DO have a reason...but I cannot tell you...it's in the contract. Did'nt you get the memo?Just remember to pray to me and I will eventually get around to making things better for you.Oh and Chris...eh?!...coming father!Gotta run,God et al
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Hey God...

Unread post

Creationism or Evolution?What the HECK were you thinking!?What was with your followers?Topics: Is homosexuality really a sin?Why did you make it so hard to realize your existence and then punish us for not realizing it?Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of Pain
Dissident Heart

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!

God, let's talk.

Unread post

God,So, I'm not going to let you off the hook here. I'm willing to stand up and take responsibility for the mess I've made of life and clean house wherever I've acted the fool.I expect the same of you. Now, I also think this is how you want it. A child growing into a mature adult willing and able to confront the malice and ignorance of his parent. My sense is that deep, authentic and vital personhood requires this critical step...this courage to say to your face, wherever that may be, that you have got to stop this nonsense and get busy cleaning up this mess.The temptation here is twofold: one, abandon the critique and slip into servile ass-kissing...the kind of sickly flattery used to placate tyrants and despots; or two, see nothing but shadow and vice and stuff ourselves with the self-righteous indignation and moralistic cynicism that plagues the families of any teenager who suddenly discovers their parents are human, all too human.I suppose there is a third temptation too- one that says fuck it all, who cares, nothing matters, why bother, nobody is worth the effort...life is a cruel and stupid joke anyway- an absurd farce with no meaning or purpose- one long endless cycle of irrational stupidity and banal misery.Or, together we can face the truth of ourselves, work to hold each other accountable, and do what it takes to clean this mess we're in, which we have both done our share to create.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Re: God, let's talk.

Unread post

Very Nice. Thanks for posting something personally honest and not getting all condescending at my gaul for posting such a thing!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of Pain
PeterDF
Freshman
Great Britain

Unread post

Dear GodI was moved and upset by the terrible story that Chris told. I think of him as my friend and I am surprised that you let those terrible things happen to him and his friends. I know that you arranged for me to be adopted when I was a baby and that I ended up in a loving family, but should we not all care about all the people in the world? And, if we do care, should we not make things better?We know that you have worked hard and you have been doing the God job for a very long time now. You have much to be proud of after the thousands of years you have been doing it; but you must be very tired. Let's face it you couldn't stop Sept 11th or the death of all those innocent people in Iraq and Somalia let alone the two World Wars. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your position. You are doing your best but we have to think of the results. Maybe it's time for you to think of a change. I'm sure everyone would respect you if you were honest about how you've lost your touch.I have recently been thinking about a career change too and there is an excellent place in our town where people can go if they feel ready to move on. They even have a computer so you can put in your details and it will give you a list of suitable jobs. I'm sure that an omnipotent entity with the experience you have would find it easy to find a suitable position somewhere. I know your heart is in the right place but maybe it's time for someone else to take over who will be able to stop the awful things that are happening in the world. So, just let me know if you want me to make an appointment. You know it makes sense. Edited by: PeterDF at: 8/6/04 3:49 pm
RickU

Unread post

I'm sorry that I have to be negative. But I promise not to make it too elaborate.Dear God:Please stop being an assneck.That's it... In Vino Veritas
God et al

Unread post

I have recently been thinking about a career change too and there is an excellent place in our town where people can go if they feel ready to move on. They even have a computer so you can put in your details and it will give you a list of suitable jobs. I'm sure that an omnipotent entity with the experience you have would find it easy to find a suitable position somewhere. I know your heart is in the right place but maybe it's time for someone else to take over who will be able to stop the awful things that are happening in the world.
Yeah...sorry, mine is a family business...dad would kill me if I wanted to change jobs. You should have seen the ruckus over that time I wanted to be a Roman soldier! Sheesh!Looks like your stuck with me.Rick:Now Now. Is that nice? I am going to have to think up a real nice punishment for you!!!God et al

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”