• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Getting reviews

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
MarieMattenson24
Almost Comfortable

Getting reviews

Unread post

Any tips on getting reviews?
R. LeBeaux
Wearing Out Library Card

Re: Getting reviews

Unread post

It takes a bit of an investment, but what has worked for me and my publisher is to send out copies of my books to friends, both personal and on Facebook. I usually call or e-mail personal friends first and send private messages to Facebook friends, asking if they might be interested. And I make sure to only approach those I know are readers. I do not, however, solicit reviews or even mention the possibility, until and unless they contact me with a compliment on the book. If the book has merit and you choose the right friends, this can result in about a 50% positive response. As I say, it takes a bit of an investment, and how much you spend should be based on your financial situation and the number of potential reviewers you believe are out there. Good luck!
Author of the novel Then Again - An Adventure in Time Travel
amazon.com/Then-Again-Adventure-Time-Tr ... f_=asap_bc
http://www.wmpublishing.com/
Alberto L Pupo
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Yes, honestly I would be interested on getting feedback on this as well. Selling a book is already a difficult enterprise and getting someone to give feedback on it is next to impossible. So honestly I would like to see some feedback on this subject myself.
Alberto L Pupo
Check out my world here: https://www.amazon.com/Alberto-Pupo/e/B ... t_ebooks_1
righter777
Official Newbie!

Unread post

It does seem that the more reviews you have the more sales will improve. However as Alberto says this does become a nerve wracking constraint for the author who has no reviews or atleast no positive reviews. Its one of the many obstacles as a self published writer. Their is really no easy way out though, it all boils down to building your own audience by engaging with your readers thus these platforms are so important. It takes lots of time but is well worthed in the end, I have one book out and I've written various essays on my blog and I've learnt over the years in the writing craft you have to constantly engage with your readers even if it is in small quantities. I hope this helps. I have just published my book last year and still have not one review so I know the struggle lol I am doing my own marketing. I started last wek and Im doing the freebies as well as tweets. Lets hope it works

Click link for access to my book
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JDD78Z1/re ... rent+paths

Return to “Author's Lounge”