• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Getting Book Reviews Sells Books

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Raul Sanchez
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Re: Getting Book Reviews Sells Books

Unread post

Personally, I would never pay for a review. And in any case, they can be positive or negative. And sometimes they are fake reviews. I hope Amazon puts more tools to avoid having unverified-purchases reviews.
Sell More and Better, Eternal Sales Techniques beyond Internet
righter777
Official Newbie!

Re: Getting Book Reviews Sells Books

Unread post

Nancy i couldn't have put it better, onc person's interest in a specific subject is completely different to another. It is a reality though that the majority of consumers do pay attentiom to the reviews. It does create book buzz whether the review is good or bad. Amazon currently has a rule whereas people who purchasee the book should spend a certain amount before being able to write review, I think they should really think of changing this...not everyone has the budget for this also it robs the author from someone that was willing to write a review just because they could not afford to meet the purchase target at check-out. It is hard enough to get reviews.

Feel free to read and be so kind to review my poetic diary * Same Journey Different Paths *
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JDD78Z1/re ... rent+paths

Goodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/436 ... rent-paths

Return to “Author's Lounge”