• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Get Any Book or Self Publish with Espresso Book Machine (FYI Video)

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Get Any Book or Self Publish with Espresso Book Machine (FYI Video)

Unread post

:P I recently heard about the Espresso Book Machine. A few bookstores, universities and major libraries either have these machines or at least have access to one. They can be used to print up a copy of a book available from a huge catalog or used for printing copies of an author’s self published book. Of course there is a charge for this service, and most will set you up with an ISBN#. Check out this Youtube video on how it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXr5mcGCxmk
Last edited by bionov on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Get Any Book or Self Publish with Espresso Book Machine

Unread post

Very cool stuff. I can see bookstores having these printing presses where they print books on demand.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: Get Any Book or Self Publish with Espresso Book Machine (FYI Video)

Unread post

I agree with Chris, this is a cool way to go. I think these machines are set up so that the publisher and author get a percentage of the charge for each book printed by these machines.

Return to “Author's Lounge”