• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

George Tenet

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

George Tenet

Unread post

Did anyone see George Tenet's interview on Meet the Press this morning? Or intend to read his book ( At the Center of the Storm: My Years at the CIA)?
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: George Tenet

Unread post

Did not see, would consider reading!Mr. P. I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? 3 out of 4 people believe in Angels. Are you F****** STUPID? Has everybody lost their mind? - George CarlinI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Here's a link to "Reaping the Whirlwind", Bob Woodward's review (though it doesn't really read like a review) of Tenet's book. I think it likely that I will thoroughly skim this book, but not really read it. It's long and I imagine there will be much in it that is of no interest to me.
Rich206

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

I missed the interview and was planning on giving the book a pass, but I might get a copy from the library and give it a whirl. I remember reading in State of Denial how he went to Rice in July and told her the "system was blinking red" or whatever in reference to an impending attack, but I've never understood why he didn't mention it directly to the president, since he was giving him the daily intelligence briefings. The excuse that the government isn't set up that way and he had to go through the national security advisor seems lame to me. Perhaps he really was that much of a beaureaucrat, but it sounds to me like he's doing a lot of rationalizing. Junk Drawer

Return to “Current Events & History”