• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Gay Ducks

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Ken Hemingway

Gay Ducks

Unread post

An article in today's Guardian reports that the Ig Nobel prize for biology has been awarded to a researcher whose findings include:- that about 10% of Mallard pairs are homosexual- that rape is common among Mallards- that he witnessed an incident of homosexual necrophilia by a male Mallard.education.guardian.co.uk/...91,00.html
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Gay Ducks

Unread post

COOL! Now that all our Ducks are in a row...we can have a gang bang and not worry about male, female, dead or alive!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Unread post

I can't wait to tell my Dad! I bet he'll take up duck hunting. (I'm kidding. Really. I hope.)
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

Wasn't this a big deal in the 80s with Sociobiologists, who were trying to use this kind of evidence to say "look, ducks do it, so it's natural!" ??Lori "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds."
marti1900

Unread post

I learned 40 years ago that 10% of all living creatures were homosexual. Well, I guess not 'homo' if you are a duck, but you get the idea. Maybe somebody made up that statistic. But here we are with a real live honest-to-goodness scientific study. Ah, Horatio, there's nothing new.....Marti in Mexico
Tessa3

Let's not forget the penquins

Unread post

Let's not forget the penquins who could not be induced to go straight. www.ananova.com/news/stor...nimaltalesWicked, wicked Penguin!
badmendicant

Re: Let's not forget the penquins

Unread post

The 10% figure is very suspicious, corresponding as it does to the figure posited for humans by Kinsey, a closet homosexual who based his analysis of sexual norms on studies of pedophiles and sex criminals.The fact that homosexual behavior is evident in the animal kingdom doesn't make it normal unless it is a behavioral norm. In fact, homosexuality is a minority behavior throughout the animal kingdom. Gay people simply don't understand the difference between "natural" and "normal". Edited by: badmendicant at: 6/14/05 1:48 pm
Megaeraa

Re: Normal vs. Natural

Unread post

I'm in the middle of _When Elephants Weep_ by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson and Susan McCarthy. They attempt to answer in a more or less rigorous way the question of whether animals have emotions and feel things in ways analogous to humans. (Seems to me self-evident that they do.) What has been surprising is that many behaviors commonly labeled as deviant or "unnatural" occur among many animals. It's all there! Are they the norm? Nope. But are they "natural"? Yup. It isn't just that humans are terrible & corrupt, bearers of original sin. Sigh.-- Meg
AirPrang

Unread post

How... interesting.Quote:Are they the norm? Nope. But are they "natural"? Yup. An important distinction and I like the way you put it. Betonprosa oder PermafrostSchmelzvorgaenge oder nichtDas deja vu ist jetzt historischdie Gemengelage wie gehabtIch bluteIrgendwas ist immerIch gehe jetzt
badmendicant

Unread post

The point being that homosexuality is being promoted as normal when it should simply be accepted as natural.The former position is based upon a falsehood the latter position is based upon truth.Modern society is less concerned with truth and falsehood than it is with convenience.You can't have a backlash against the truth. You can, and probably will, have a backlash against a lie.

Return to “Current Events & History”