• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 736 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:38 am

Free Effective Marketing?

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DouglasRPitts
Getting Comfortable

Free Effective Marketing?

Unread post

What are the most effective free or near-free marketing strategies for self-published books?

Douglas R Pitts
author of "144 Aphorisms"
Busygirlbooks
Creative Writing Student

Re: Free Effective Marketing?

Unread post

Doug, the link below has some great recommendations from someone who has been doing the work for a while. I found her suggestions about Goodreads to be especially helpful and have done a book give away both there and at Librarything. My profile on Goodreads also earned me a radio interview request, so it is an especially promising site to become active on. Good luck!

http://olgasdaughtersblog.wordpress.com ... omment-108
Please check out "The E Word" at: http://www.amazon.com/The-word-entitlem ... t_ep_dpt_1

My book is about my successful journey to recognize and overcome a false sense of entitlement and how I have seen this challenge affect the lives of others.
Stacey Martin
DouglasRPitts
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you. That is helpful information.
Busygirlbooks
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

Glad to be of service. If I could be so bold, another suggestion might be to flesh out your profile here and at other sites where you want to establish a presence. A professional looking headshot and a few words about your book/link to it on amazon may be enough to encourage a reader to find out more about your writing and maybe even purchase a copy. Investing a few minutes can really raise the interest level of others in what you have to say. Great cover, by the way. Stacey
Please check out "The E Word" at: http://www.amazon.com/The-word-entitlem ... t_ep_dpt_1

My book is about my successful journey to recognize and overcome a false sense of entitlement and how I have seen this challenge affect the lives of others.
Stacey Martin
DouglasRPitts
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thanks Stacey. Continue to be bold.
TalkPlusTell
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Getting testimonials!!!! Asking influencers, fellow authors, or professors for testimonials is free and builds up trust with your target audience.
But before reaching out to people and asking for a testimonial you need to know who your target reader is. Because you want to reach out to people that your target reader respects and follows.

Here is a great article on how to find and attract your target reader: http://www.talkplustell.com/blog/
rchapman1tewantin
All Star Member
Australia

Unread post

I'm a great supporter of Goodreads too. I also interview a guest author each week on my website www.ritaleechapman.com. Interviews by other authors is another useful tool. If you are interested you can contact me through the website.
Rita Lee Chapman
Author of the Anna Davies Mystery Series
Winston - A Horse's Tale
Dangerous Liaisons,
The Poinciana Tree
The Unicorn Angel
My Very Naughty Pony
pushups44
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Lots of good information in this thread. As a fellow writer, this is much appreciated.
annaAlice
Official Newbie!

Unread post

In my experience, leveraging social media has been a boon. Create a compelling presence on platforms like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, and engage with your audience. Another strategy is guest blogging or podcasting - it allows you to reach a wider audience.

Don't overlook Goodreads either - it's a sector-specific social network which can be astonishingly effective. Giveaways can stir interest too.

Return to “Author's Lounge”