• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Finally got myself a Kindle

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Re: Finally got myself a Kindle

Unread post

I checked that out and it is freakin' awesome!! That is exactly what I have been wishing for since my first Kindle a few years ago.
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I so love my Kindle! I just bought a red leather case for it last night.
CoolSummer

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Experienced

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:I so love my Kindle! I just bought a red leather case for it last night.
Ooh that sounds nice. I've got pleather vintage fintie covers for each of mine in blue and brown. they make mine look and feel like a bound book instead of a device, now if someone would make an air freshener that smelled like book pages....
"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Unread post

My MIL made me a cover for my original Kindle out of a beautiful fabric, My paperwhite is oping for the same treatment.
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
kdbooklover16
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I have the newest Kindle Fire, but I do prefer to read physical books...
"So many books, so little time," - Frank Zappa
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

About six years ago, my adult children gave me a Kindle Keyboard for Christmas. I have eyesight problems (age and diabetes), and the ability to increase the font size was fantastic. :clap: Also I learned I could carry a whole library with me on vacation. :) About a year ago, my trusty Keyboard stopped working. :( I thought about getting another Kindle, but eventually decided on a Samsung Galaxy tablet. Why? With the tablet I can get not only Kindle books, but Nook, E-pub and other e-book formats through my on-line library (Overdrive). :up: Still can increase the font size and carry a library with me, just have more choices. Alas, still has the drawback of limited 'flipping' through the pages. :( Guess you can't have everything.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I'm in the process of packing up and moving from one house to another and it is a time like this that makes me love my Kindle. I've got so many books and they're heavy and a pain in the butt to move.

Return to “Everything Else”