Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:28 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Finally back. 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Knows the secrets of the internetz

Post Finally back.
Was not sure where to post this, so am using General Discussion. For those of you who don't know (Chris does, but not sure who else is anyone), last June I lost my beloved wife of almost 50 years. Her death was sudden and unanticipated. Needless to say, I was in a state of shock for some time. As if that weren't enough, just before Christmas, her identical twin sister passed away. Unlike my wife however, we had some warning, as Sis had been in declining health for a few years. But, as my partner would have wanted (as I would have wanted for her had our roles been reversed), I am moving forward. I am still soomewhat in a state of uncertainty; my life did undergo a paradigm shift. During this period, reading has continued to be a source of comfort to me, and I have read numerous books. Not room enough to list them all here, but there were many, some of which I see here on Book Talk. Don't exp[ect me to suddenly become a discussion leader, or submit my own manuscript for your review, but I will continue to read, to keep up with the many friends I have made here, and to contribute. Please no schamaltzy comments. I am over that stage. Just treat me as a returning regular. -Cattleman

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

The following user would like to thank Cattleman for this post:
Chris OConnor, geo, LevV, Taylor, youkrst
Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:51 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Post Re: Finally back.
Welcome back. I'll refrain from the schamaltzy comments.

Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:38 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Tenured Professor

Cattleman!

I'm glad you came back.

Have you tried that? Looking for answers?
Or have you been content to be terrified of a thing you know nothing about?

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Confidence being an expectation built on past experience, evidence and extrapolation to the future. Faith being an expectation held in defiance of past experience and evidence.

The following user would like to thank johnson1010 for this post:
Cattleman, Chris OConnor, froglipz
Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:55 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

BookTalk.org Owner
Diamond Contributor 3

Me too. :-)

The following user would like to thank Chris OConnor for this post:
Cattleman
Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:34 am
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Better Thread Count than Your Best Linens

Gold Contributor

Me three :)

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

The following user would like to thank froglipz for this post:
Cattleman
Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:58 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
So many e-books my reader is overweight!

Silver Contributor

Welcome back

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.”

The following user would like to thank CoolSummer for this post:
Cattleman
Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:15 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

BookTalk.org Moderator
Platinum Contributor

Good to see you back, Cattleman. So sorry to hear about your wife passing. I can't begin to imagine how painful that must be to lose your partner of nearly 50 years. Hang in there and please keep posting.

The following user would like to thank geo for this post:
Cattleman
Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:39 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Knows the secrets of the internetz

Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome. :thanks2:

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

The following user would like to thank Cattleman for this post:
froglipz
Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:12 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
All Star Member

Welcome back Cattleman. It's good to get back on the horse, especially when it has given you such an interest in the past.

Dangerous Liaisons
The Poinciana Tree

The following user would like to thank rchapman1tewantin for this post:
Cattleman
Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:15 pm
Profile Email WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.