• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Feel a ghost?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Kostya

Feel a ghost?

Unread post

Quote:Mysteriously snuffed out candles, weird sensations and shivers down the spine may not be due to the presence of ghosts in haunted houses but to very low frequency sound that is inaudible to humans. www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/09/08/gho ... index.html
seanf 2003

ghosts

Unread post

Maybe the universe is all set up so that a low-frequency sound is present whenever a ghost is.
Kostya

Re: ghosts

Unread post

Quote:Maybe the universe is all set up so that a low-frequency sound is present whenever a ghost is.I think that the real story is that god is using infrasound to communicate with ghosts. Current hypothesis is that the ghosts always fly towards the infrasound to talk to their creator. One of the people who have participated in the experiments is claiming to have heard voices say "Quick! Fly over here! Lord is talking to us!" However, scientists are not sure whether this reference was to one and only God Almighty or to the one of the scientists conducting the experiments, Dr. Richard Lord. Edited by: Kostya at: 9/11/03 4:09 pm
seanf 2003

Unread post

The universe is a strange and wonderful place.
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

I've seen a ghost. Had no effect on my knowledge that ghosts don't exist. In fact, it highlighted my amazement that people will put their own experience over all rational understanding. I'm a failable human, with failable human senses, so what? Science is neither a philosophy nor a belief system. It is a combination of mental operations that has become increasingly the habit of educated peoples, a culture of illuminations hit upon by a fortunate turn of history that yielded the most effective way of learning about the real world ever conceived. E.O.Wilson
Timothy Schoonover

Unread post

Quote:I'm a failable human, with failable human senses, so what?Since when?

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”