• In total there are 50 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 50 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Excellent reads.

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Marilyn
Getting Comfortable

Excellent reads.

Unread post

Just curious.

Recently, I've read "Out Stealing Horses" by Per Petterson, "The Gathering" by Ann Enright (Man Booker Prize winner for 2007) and "The Reserve" by Russell Banks. This morning I began "His Illegal Self" by Peter Carey. Is there anyone out there who is familiar with any of these titles? If so, I would love to hear from you--and engage in a bit of conversation.

If you are not familiar, are an avid fiction reader and looking for books that lean away from the pop mass trade type toward a more literary read, I certainly recommend at least the first three--the third I'm only beginning--. The authors are well known and the books received respectable critical acclaim.

Looking for readers on a similar wave length although my wave length shifts in all directions when it come to worthwhile reading.
Marilyn

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”