• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Drilling in the Arctic

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Drilling in the Arctic

Unread post

Just FYI...Quote:WASHINGTON (AP)
marti1900

Re: Drilling in the Arctic

Unread post

Scary, isn't it.Marti in Mexico
jjacobs43

Unread post

Quote:Scary, isn't it.I'd use the word sad.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

It is scary and sad.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Loricat
Laughs at Einstein

Unread post

Fans of Electric Cars fight the CrusherSo, they are crushing the only successful electric cars...why? There are complex reasons: only a few of them, expensive, not good over long distances, etc. But the people who drove them want them back.The hybrid SUV, some moron's stunning innovation, has almost the same gas mileage as the gas guzzling regular version. And of course, everyone wants an SUV...What's more important -- finding ways to change our dependency on oil to save the future of the planet, or enough oil for us today? It all makes me feel so powerless.Lori "All beings are the owners of their deeds, the heirs to their deeds."
Tessa3

Artic Reserve

Unread post

If Mr. Hightower is correct in the attached article www.jimhightower.com/air/...?id=11622, and the oil companies have no interest in drilling in the artic, then what is this Adminstration's goal? Is it another smokescreen to convince us that we did not invade Iraq for the oil?
Ken Hemingway

Re: Artic Reserve

Unread post

Loricat wrote: The hybrid SUV, some moron's stunning innovation, has almost the same gas mileage as the gas guzzling regular version.Lori: The EPA city mpg for a 4cyl 2WD automatic Ford Escape SUV is 22. For a similar hybrid it is 36. That's a 39% reduction in fuel usage. The savings are a lot less for highway driving (25 vs 31) since the improvement comes from saving the energy otherwise lost in slowing down.
jjacobs43

Re: Artic Reserve

Unread post

Quote:If Mr. Hightower is correct in the attached article www.jimhightower.com/air/...?id=11622, and the oil companies have no interest in drilling in the artic, then what is this Adminstration's goal? Is it another smokescreen to convince us that we did not invade Iraq for the oil? It seems like this was on the radar long before the invasion of Iraq so I wouldn't think it is any kind of smokescreen for the war. Somebody wants at that oil. That's probably the only necessary incentive for this administration.

Return to “Current Events & History”