• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Does Islam encourage violence more than others?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
GOD defiles Reason

Re: Sacred and normative texts

Unread post

Quote:Lanceman: Let's look at Deuteronomy 13:7-11 and see what the lord wants us to do...You're basing your argument on that one particular passage in scripture, but, how often is that particular passage being preached? Quote:Lanceman: One of us has our facts askew my friend but I do not believe it to be me, unless your contention is that the leading academics of our time are wrong and you sir are correct at which point I would be happy to read your books.I think two different people, with two different world views, could probably read the same texts, academic or otherwise, and still walk away with a different interpretation of the "facts."Quote:Lanceman: Have you read the Torah, Quran and Bible. I am guessing no.MadArchiect: My, aren't you presumptuous?That deserves a chuckle.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”