• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Does evolution prove there is no God?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Does evolution prove there is no God?

Unread post

Some theists attack evolutionary theory as if the very existence of their God depends on it's invalidation. In reality, evolution doesn't even pertain to the origin of life, just the process of change. Any opinions?Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Does evolution prove there is no God?

Unread post

As Michael Shermer states in "How We Believe", the god question is 'insoluble'. I still do not think there is a god, and I base this on an educated guess after examining the available evidence.The fact that those who do believe would view evolution as a threat to everything they believe tells me that maybe they are not as convinced as they would like to appear.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Quote:The fact that those who do believe would view evolution as a threat to everything they believe tells me that maybe they are not as convinced as they would like to appear.Exactly! If beliefs are built on a solid foundation the prospect of critical examination shouldn't be intimidating.Chris "The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them"
Brother William of Basker

Unread post

Does God disprove evoultion is a far more interesting question, if you ask me.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

How so? Do tell. I could not gauge how interesting this topic would be by the lack of supportive info.Just ribbin ya...no offense! Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Quote:If beliefs are built on a solid foundation the prospect of critical examination shouldn't be intimidating.And so 'they' will cling to those foundational beliefs as their house slides down the mountainside.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.
RickU

in reply

Unread post

As the christian song goes - the wise man built his house upon the stone and the foolish man built his house upon the sand...
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Re: in reply

Unread post

Welcome RickU. Which do you feel is the stone and which the sand?Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.
RickU

Re: in reply

Unread post

Stone is reason and the sand is irrational unconditional faith.And thanks for the welcome.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I was really hoping Brother William would delve into how God could disprove Evolution. I just do not see how it can be done when the God question cannot be tested in any reasonable way.The bible is the only direct word of god, and since evolution was not postulated (at least to the extent we now understand it) in those olden times, of course there is no mention of it...to my knowledge. So where would the proof FROM GOD come from?Anyone, anyone?Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”