• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Do you support sending humans to Mars?

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Do you support sending humans to Mars?

Unread post

Do you support sending humans to Mars? ...explainResults (total votes = 17):Yes&nbsp13 / 76.5%&nbsp No&nbsp4 / 23.5%&nbsp other&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbsp
ADO15

Re: Do you support sending humans to Mars?

Unread post

Yes - so long as I can choose the passenger list and ensure there isn't enough fuel. _________________________________________________________Il Sotto Seme La Neva
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Massive Poster
United States of America

Unread post

Yes, we need to harvest those viruses and unleash them as bio-weapons on earth.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Yep, because we can.
fyvel

Unread post

I voted "No", but my opinion is more complicated than that. Personally I would like to see humans on Mars. But at what cost? Could that money be better spent on improving people's lives? All VegetarianThis is boring!
riverc0il
Senior

Unread post

waste of time and money. there is a reason the moon program ended. no need to send humans to mars just because we can do so without a scientific need to justify the costs (i.e. how much more scientific research could be done with a maned trip as opposed to robot).
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Of course we should. If it were not for the desire in humans to explore and expand, we would still be in Africa!Mars would be a great addition to our knowledge...and would be a stepping stone to other things.Of course it will take time. I do not think it is justified to spend money at any cost to make it happen as soon as possible (although that view makes it SUCK for me, for I will not see it happen).It is not a waste of time or money if we are to expand our knowledge.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Quote:If it were not for the desire in humans to explore and expand, we would still be in Africa!
Greg Neuman

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

Yes, without question. The cost of exploring other worlds will be high, but the cost of not exploring them (i.e., eventual extinction) is far higher.If you want to improve people's lives, invest in science. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.G "Dear Buddha: Please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket."- Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Return to “Science & Technology”