• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Do you smoke?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Do you smoke?

Unread post

Do you smoke?Results (total votes = 33):Yes, and more than one pack per day&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspYes, but less than one pack per day&nbsp4 / 12.1%&nbsp No, but I used to smoke&nbsp6 / 18.2%&nbsp No, and I never did smoke&nbsp20 / 60.6%&nbsp Other&nbsp3 / 9.1%&nbsp 
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Do you smoke?

Unread post

I'm watching my father slowly die from a life of smoking over 3 packs per day and it is a horrible way to go. As New Years approaches I'm hoping this thread will prompt some of you to quit this nasty habit.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

As a New Years resolution.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

No, and I never did.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I've taken a drag off of a cigarette or two, just to see the look of shock on the faces of the people who know that I don't smoke, but I've never felt the urge to smoke. If nothing else, I figure there are cheaper habits that are more likely to get you kissed.
pctacitus

Unread post

No, never have. "...the great events in life come from the books, rather than the people, one comes across." - Robert D. Kaplan, Mediterranean Winter: the Pleasures of History and Landscape in Tunisia, Sicily, Dalmatia, and Greece
AnnetteS

Unread post

I am 50, and I smoked from 16 to 24. At the time, it seemed divine, but I'm certainly glad I quit!
Marji1952

Unread post

Oh, Chris, I am so sorry.....as a hospice volunteer, I have watched that process, and my heart goes out to you!
ADO15

Unread post

Never smoked (and surprised by the number who join me in that category).I'm seriously asthmatic, as is my youngest son.And I have a responsibility for improving public health and reducing health inequalities - how could I not recommend giving up? _________________________________________________________Il Sotto Seme La Neva
Izdaari

Unread post

Non-smoker all my life.

Return to “Everything Else”