Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:34 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Do you sing in the Shower? 

Yes, but only when nobody else is home 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
Yes, and I sound good! 60%  60%  [ 18 ]
No, I don't sing much anywhere 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
No, even the acoustics of a shower can't help my voice! 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 30

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
I Should Be Bronzed

Silver Contributor

Post hmmm
lol, you know what they say about people that AREN'T singing in the shower!! :laugh:

Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:18 pm
Profile Email YIM
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Official Newbie!

Post Doesnt everyone sound good in the shower
I thought everyone sang in the shower. Well everyone in my house does. And we all swear we sound good.

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:53 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Master Debater

This topic caught my eye because it has recently been a topic in my household. My mother passed away 8 years ago, when my son was 4. I stopped singing, it seemed like every time I tried to sing, I ended up crying. My mother sang all the time, and, what can I say other than I am a wimp.

Well, fast forward, I have found my singing voice again. And who pointed it out in this household but my now 12 year old son, who said "Mom, it's nice to hear you singing in the shower again, I haven't heard that since before we lived in Germany!"

Though he didn't make the connection as to why, it is interesting that he noticed!

And yes, I have an amazing voice in the shower! Tee hee, at least it makes ME happy! :D

Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:11 am
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Bronze Contributor 2

I tried to sing in the shower when I was younger, because everyone in movies and on television seemed so cheerful when they did it... and I know this is weird, but I hate showers. They just seem so frightfully inefficient. Turn the shower on, get the temperature right, find towels, get undressed, clean clean clean, get out, get dry, brush hair, clean ears, dry hair, tidy shower, find clean clothes, drape towel, put away floor mat.... ohmygod! I need Star Trek's sonic showers already!

Anyway, long story short, singing in the shower didn't take. I didn't like it and I felt weird. Very, very rarely, I'll hum a little... that usually means I'm trying not to think about an unpleasant topic. Sometimes I read in the shower, but only with books I don't care if they get a bit damp.

The only times I sing would be in the car, and when I'm cleaning. And both of those are only if I'm in a good mood and I have the music turned up very loud. And honestly, I have a horrible voice, so the world is better off with me keeping quiet. I sound very young, and slightly like a muppet. Seriously. :)

Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 am
Profile Email ICQ YIM
Pop up Book Fanatic

I don't sing in the shower. I used to whistle, but I guess I haven't been that happy in a long time.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:56 pm
Getting Comfortable

All the time..
I'm so bad i make my little puppy howl

Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:09 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Genuinely Genius

Silver Contributor

Theomanic, you read in the shower?! That is the first time I ever heard of anyone reading in the shower! LOL I will read in a pool on a float. I thought that was pretty daring, until I read that you read in the shower!

Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:09 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
One more post ought to do it.

Gold Contributor

My son becomes....Pava bloody Rotti in the shower......

I love that kind of swearing.....splitting words....tell me some Americanisms!!!!

I (the Grandma) sing - Whyyyyyy do you build me up Buttercup darling just to let me down.....etc...

It helps to set me up for the Dayyyyy....... :roll:

Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:26 pm
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Bronze Contributor 2

Theomanic, you read in the shower?! That is the first time I ever heard of anyone reading in the shower! LOL I will read in a pool on a float. I thought that was pretty daring, until I read that you read in the shower!

It is a skill, that's for sure. I just hold the book far away, towards the back of the shower. It still gets a little damp, but it's alright. I only put it down near the end, so I don't forget to clean my arm. ;) I don't do it too much though, since it makes the whole business take about twice as long. And occasional accidents occur, and the book gets a wee drenched.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:29 am
Profile Email ICQ YIM
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Getting Comfortable

I love to sing whenever possible... but thats not saying I'm good.
I'm really not.. Xx

Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:11 am
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Why, yes I do! But I definitely sing harder when no one else is around... On whether I sound good, I think that's subjective...

Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 am
Wearing Out Library Card

Silver Contributor

Post Re: hmmm
President Camacho wrote:
lol, you know what they say about people that AREN'T singing in the shower!! :laugh:

No, what do they say about people that don't sing in the shower?

I sing a bit here and there from time to time. Sometimes in the shower, sometimes as part of other activities. Usually because there's tune stuck in my head that won't go away.

Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:40 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Finds books under furniture

Silver Contributor

Post Re: Do you sing in the Shower?
I used to. Sometimes I hum. Most of the time I'm thinking or daydreaming or peeking out the window (yes, there's a window in my shower) to see if there's any lightning. I like lightning. :)

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 pm
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Sophomore

Basso Profundo! And nobody tells me to be quiet. My shower is almost sound-proof. :twisted:

"Freedom is feeling easy in your harness" --Robert Frost

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:33 am
Profile Email
Eligible to vote in book polls!

hell yeah its the best place to sing and get out all the frustrations of the day! I love showers because of the singing part :p lol

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next