Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
Do you have a mental Illness 
Years of membership
Experienced

Post Do you have a mental Illness
Soo Theres alot of famous people who had mental illness problems. There is alot of people who are extremely intelligent ..So Does anyone here that are on medication and still battling? :roll:

Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:25 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membership
Almost Comfortable

Post Re: Do you have a mental Illness
I do take medication for bipolar.

Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:26 am
Profile Email
Years of membership
Getting Comfortable

I have rare panic attacks, but I managed to maintain my normal condition by taking care of myself... No junk food, enough sleep and some natural oils is a good start of improving your mental health :roll:

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:09 am
Profile Email
Official Newbie!

well, i have anxiety and distorted version of reality as my therapist says. i dont take any medication but i just suffer, a lot

Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:10 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Gold Contributor

akanksha wrote:
well, i have anxiety and distorted version of reality as my therapist says. i dont take any medication but i just suffer, a lot

we all suffer silently in some form or other.

Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:17 pm
Profile Email
Years of membership
Experienced

I think reading makes you more intelligent and might suffer from a mental illness like schizophrenia or Bi polar

Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:32 pm
Profile Email WWW
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Beyond Genius

Silver Contributor

It is certainly true that one can gain knowledge by reading,Its fundamental :P. I think there’s a correlation between the two but it does depend on what is read doesn’t it?.

As to mental illness, I can only write, that there is a benefit to honest conversation with a qualified professional. I personally have had anxiety and depressive disorder for the majority of my life. For me pattern recognition was key. Once I realized that there was a definitive pattern of highs and lows I was able to deal mostly on my own, But did help to also talk to a doctor, I take a low dose of serotonin uptake inhibitors. For me it helps. But that’s just me. The complex vicissitudes of life...go figure! :x .

The following user would like to thank Taylor for this post:
DWill, geo
Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:28 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Has memorized The Illiad

In response to your question, I quote the late Waylon Jennings: "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane." :x :P :wink:

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by Cattleman on Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:00 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Beyond Genius

Silver Contributor

I came back to this because it’s just nothing. @ Cattleman, I know you have a good head on your shoulders but you added nothing to this thread. Give us something from your mind. I love Waylon Jennings but you’ve gone nowhere.

Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:34 pm
Profile Email
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Has memorized The Illiad

Taylor, I owe you and all the others an apology. I would never make fun of mental illness or someone who is mentally ill. One of my daughters best friends was diagnosed in her teens as bipolar. It plagued her all her short life - she committed suicide in her early thirties.

I am asking Chris to remove my earlier post.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:28 am
Profile Email
Wearing Out Library Card

Silver Contributor

I may have been off the mark, but what I read in that quote, in the context of the whole song was a call to do your own thing in your own way, even if it is "crazy", and it just may keep you from going insane.

I got no hint of Cattleman making lite of mental illness and I'm very sensitive to it having members of my family and my wife's family with serious mental problems.

Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:13 am
Profile Email
Beyond Genius

Silver Contributor

@ Cattleman: No need to apologize man, no offense was taken. Do not consider you’re post necessary to take down. I just thought your contribution was empty that’s all.

Your follow-up about your daughters friend committing suicide..well, That was something from the heart. Bless you man. It’s honest and important.

Thank you.

@ LevV: I did not get any hints of levity neither.

Thanks to you as well. I am not ashamed of the subject of mental health. We are witnessing he results of undiagnosed mental health issues every day. Talking, (or in this case, writing about it) only serves to better life.

Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:22 pm
Profile Email
Years of membership
Experienced

I get an injection every 2 weeks and Im on 6 different kind of medication and im prescribed movicol and a omega 3&6 tablet . :yes:

Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:31 am
Profile Email WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.