• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Do you do business with fanatical Christians?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
AnnetteS

Do you do business with fanatical Christians?

Unread post

I've had neck pains for quite some time and have tried some avenues for a cure, such as physical therapy, a chiropractor and massage therapy. My HMO MD is also on the case. I've done my own reading as well. I've had an MRI and tomorrow see the MD.Massage therapy is not a cure, but it eases the pain. My HMO has contracted with only one massage therapist in my town. I have been 5 times at the copay of ten dollars and am entitled to more visits. The therapist is very good.But he has on Christian music and horrible news radio, even Rush Limbaugh; there is Christian stuff stuck all over the walls. Then there was the day he asked if I was a God fearing woman and if I'd pray with him for healing. I am very timid and don't like to hurt people's feelings; besides I'm agnostic, but it didn't sit well with me.My HMO leaves me no other choice. However, it turns my stomach. Could you turn off your emotions in order to recieve a service you needed? You see, I am not like the rest of you. I am timid about delicate matters like religion and wouldn't want to bring it up with him. He wouldn't give a very good massage then!If this is too confessional for your forum, go ahead and let me know. I don't want to drag you down into drama queen territory. You could also reply about your experiences in a similiar arena. Edited by: AnnetteS  at: 12/22/05 8:12 pm
GOD defiles Reason

Re: Do you do business with fanatical Christians?

Unread post

So your pain in the neck has become a pain in the ass.Can you wear headphones while getting your massage?
AnnetteS

Unread post

That would be quite strange. The therapists always talk about what they are doing as they massage. But thanks for the reply! I know this is pretty off the wall.
GOD defiles Reason

Unread post

I don't think this is off the wall. Would you feel comfortable talking to your therapist about his favorite music? He might mention a genre that you may be able to persuade him to change the radio to.
AnnetteS

Unread post

I did nix Limbaugh and say I wanted music. But it was his Christian music.But you have an idea! I couldn't say I love the country or rock music station because I don't think he'd go for that. But maybe I could bring in a classical music CD and say this alone relaxes me. I live in a small town and there is no classical or jazz music station.This was simple. All I needed was a little pro active action.It's really the news items in between the Christian music station that make me gag. I guess I haven't been paying attention to how really extreme the religious right is. Advocating no funding for AIDS because promiscuity is a sin, as an example.
IndigoWords

Unread post

Maybe take some meditation music and say that helps relax you.To answer the topic question, I don't go out of my way to avoid Christians, usually I'm able to ignore them all of their trappings. If I'm really uncomfortable in a place because of the religious theme, I just don't go back. This is usually after someone has attempted to convert me or engaged some other violation of my personal space. ****************SmutWriter. The unofficial, informal writing site for erotica writers everywhere.Edited by: IndigoWords at: 12/23/05 4:59 am
Izdaari

Unread post

I'm not offended by Christian music or Rush Limbaugh, though there are times when I'm not particularly in the mood for either. There's actually very little in the way of music, politics, religion or anti-religion I'm offended by, unless somebody is like pro-al Qaeda or something, and then I would avoid doing business with them. Edited by: Izdaari  at: 1/1/06 2:07 am
badmendicant

Pains in the Neck

Unread post

I suspect that you are making up this whole scenario in order to denigrate Christians, however, my advice would be the same as the advice routinely doled out to people who are offended by veiled Muslim women, and the Islamic architecture of Mosques intruding into the Western architecture of European cities, etc. Try to be a bit more tolerant Izdaari. That's what I would be told if I complained about a Muslim chiropracter's overt expressions of his faith.
Luck of the Draw

neck pain.....

Unread post

Do stick with the massage therapy. Although I do question chiropractor. Theirs is based on repeat business. That which you are dealing with is attempting total relaxation to relieve the muscles that have gone into spasm. I doubt in all honesty, this will be achieveable with the music/radio/commentary going on. The suggestion of bringing own meditation music is good. Also, see if a session w/o the radio/music is beneficial. If this particular therapist nixes the suggestions find another therapist.Do continue with the message therapy.....they are licensed/registered and different from simple message therapist. Registered message therapist has training similar to a nurse/nurse practitioner and familar with anatomy/pressure points etc. Also, don't poo-poo the recomendations/literature/excercises he recomends. You are attempting to re-train the body/msucles etc. and will take some time. Been there/done it and offer this as encouragement. Wish you WELL(ness) !!!!
IndigoWords

??

Unread post

Quote:BadmendicantI suspect that you are making up this whole scenario in order to denigrate Christians, Are you serious?

Return to “Everything Else”