• In total there are 15 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 836 on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:57 pm

Do you also read Too_many_books?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Too_many_books
Official Newbie!

Do you also read Too_many_books?

Unread post

They said to be clever in the rules. I have no idea if it worked.

So, yes, hello!

My name is Chelsea!

I am a female! That’s the first thing I have to put here according to the Bullet Points of Power above.
I am from here! (Yes, I just checked, I am definitely here)......Seriously though, I live in the United States.
I have a hobby! It is reading! (....obviously). I also collect vintage books. Some of my favorites are a “cookbook” (that’s more like a how-to-do-everthing book) from the late 19th century and a book on the Louvre that still has colored art plates (from the mid-19th century, I believe). My special interests include writing and illustration, although I love to do all kinds of art.
I enjoy ALL books, though I lean heavily on the fiction side...
I found BookTalk through the magical source of all almost-probably-accurate information...the internet.

I suppose I should talk about a recent book that stands out to me...
I just recently read “The Martian: A Novel”. Darn good book! It takes a lot of talent to make a character sympathetic, relatable, and AMUSING in the face of utter despair.

I look forward to talking with you all :)
sjjacksonauthor

Re: Do you also read Too_many_books?

Unread post

Hi Chelsea,

It's nice to meet you. I am still fairly new to this forum as well. I haven't been on much as I am not quite sure how things work. I just decided to start responding to people who have just introduced themselves.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

You've definitely made an interesting Intro! Welcome to BookTalk.org, Chelsea. :-)
mycroftmy
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Too_many_books wrote:They said to be clever in the rules. I have no idea if it worked.

So, yes, hello!

My name is Chelsea!

I am a female! That’s the first thing I have to put here according to the Bullet Points of Power above.
I am from here! (Yes, I just checked, I am definitely here)......Seriously though, I live in the United States.
I have a hobby! It is reading! (....obviously). I also collect vintage books. Some of my favorites are a “cookbook” (that’s more like a how-to-do-everthing book) from the late 19th century and a book on the Louvre that still has colored art plates (from the mid-19th century, I believe). My special interests include writing and illustration, although I love to do all kinds of art.
I enjoy ALL books, though I lean heavily on the fiction side...
I found BookTalk through the magical source of all almost-probably-accurate information...the internet.

I suppose I should talk about a recent book that stands out to me...
I just recently read “The Martian: A Novel”. Darn good book! It takes a lot of talent to make a character sympathetic, relatable, and AMUSING in the face of utter despair.

I look forward to talking with you all :)
Hey Chelsea, I love your sense of humour!

I am wondering: is the book your reading (The Martian), the same story that was used to create a screenplay, in which "Matt Damon" is going to be in?
Too_many_books
Official Newbie!

Unread post

mycroftmy,

Yes, the Matt Damion movie is based on "The Martian". It LOOKS like they may have changed some things for the movie, but I'm hoping it won't change the overall story to a detrimental degree...

I'm glad you like my humor;)
LisaRose64
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Hey There Chelsea

It's nice to meet you. I also am pretty new here too. Learning my way around, I joined the fiction book club for August, think about joining. I also read too many books. I know it is bad when, I prefer to read, than be around live people. I am sure this comes to people as they age, and not that old yet. LOL

Lisa Rose
Too_many_books
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Nothing wrong with reading a book.

Ever.

Hope you have a great day, Lisa!

Return to “Everything Else”